Grand Rapids Restaurant Rumor Mill

dbrok

the heads up on the new bw's:

1) 40 highdef plasmas, 20 reg tvs, 5 project. screen HIGH DEFS!!! $270,000 A/V system

2) 16 satellites!!! will have ALL pay-per-view events FOR FREE

3) gen. 4 store... the first one in company, much dif. than others.

4) 20 beers on tap

5) feather bowling (like bocce ball, have to see it to understand) one of only 3 others in the COUNTRY

6) will keep the larger patio over the summer

7) gvsusean bartends there (makes it THE place to go) :silly:

Edited by gvsusean

Has anyone seen the new building on Northland Drive where the Starbuck's is going in? It's on the out lot in front of Family Fare.

It has got to be the most ridiculous looking building I've ever seen. It reminds me of a mushroom cloud.

(Sorry, no pics, I didn't have a camera with me. Maybe someone can snap one.)

Has anyone seen the new building on Northland Drive where the Starbuck's is going in? It's on the out lot in front of Family Fare.

It has got to be the most ridiculous looking building I've ever seen. It reminds me of a mushroom cloud.

Yes, I've seen it. Both of those buildings look goofy as heck. The one looks like an oversized photo or key booth like they used to have in department store parking lots (I think even Sears at Woodland still has one).

I'll see if I can get some pictures if I'm in that area again. That Flagstar Bank building went up pretty fast across the street.

Yes, I've seen it. Both of those buildings look goofy as heck. The one looks like an oversized photo or key booth like they used to have in department store parking lots (I think even Sears at Woodland still has one).

I'll see if I can get some pictures if I'm in that area again. That Flagstar Bank building went up pretty fast across the street.

There's a flagstar there now? Or are you talking about the new founders trust on E. Betline and Grand River?

yes indeed-e-do

I look forward to seeing it tomorrow morning. Hopefully your enthusiasim won't have me let down!

There's a request for a transfer of liquor license for a "Louie's" and the "Rocket Lounge" in today's City Commission Agenda, at 608 Bridge St, which has been undergoing renovations over the past couple of months. Anyone know any more details?

I would imagine they might have a hard time getting the transfer. If memory serves me right I recall that the owner of Monte's and O'Tooles was denied this last year for another establishment in this same area. The community was opposed to more bar activity in this neighborhood.

I would imagine they might have a hard time getting the transfer. If memory serves me right I recall that the owner of Monte's and O'Tooles was denied this last year for another establishment in this same area. The community was opposed to more bar activity in this neighborhood.

608 Bridge was already a bar before the renovations [riggy's], so it's not technically ANOTHER bar, just a different bar. My assumption is that this is just to transfer ownership.

http://www.myspace.com/louiesbarandrocketlounge

608 Bridge was already a bar before the renovations [riggy's], so it's not technically ANOTHER bar, just a different bar. My assumption is that this is just to transfer ownership.

http://www.myspace.com/louiesbarandrocketlounge

Yes, it even stated at the end of the transfer memo that it was a just a transfer of ownership.

I'm getting a little bored with the selection of restaurants in GR.

Anyone have good news to share??? I'm attracted to independent places with good food & ambience, ethnic places always a plus! I really enjoy a diverse beverage list, one that features big bold reds to cucumber coctels.

Here's the mushroom cloud Nitro:

384916181_08af00b737.jpg

and his short squatty brother

384916185_45422f3fe8.jpg

Holy mother what are those things??!!

GRPress HQ doesn't look so ugly anymore.

Saying that scares me, it really, really does.

Not only is it ugly, but how can that top even serve any function at all other than to uglify? At least the GRPress HQ mushroom serves SOME use.. utilising more floor space whilst allowing for some greenery beneath. But that.. what can you possibly put up in that? Cobwebs?

Here's the mushroom cloud Nitro:

384916181_08af00b737.jpg

and his short squatty brother

384916185_45422f3fe8.jpg

Holy mother what are those things??!!

And to think, those are new builds.

You've gotta hope they dress them up a bit at the end. Wow.

I was saddened to see MORE business closing on plainfield - like the 7/11. How the heck does a 7/11 close?

And to think, those are new builds.

You've gotta hope they dress them up a bit at the end. Wow.

I was saddened to see MORE business closing on plainfield - like the 7/11. How the heck does a 7/11 close?

I've seen a lot of 7-11's close over the past 5 - 10 years. You can get most of the things they offer at the gas stations now (plus gas), and their beer/wine selection sucks.