Grand Rapids Restaurant Rumor Mill

dbrok

I did a search and didn't find any info on this, sorry if it's a repeat. I heard the building being built in front of Celebration Cinema at Knapps is a PF Changs. Anyone have pics? It was dark when I left the theatre last week but the basic steel structure seemed to be up.

I did a search and didn't find any info on this, sorry if it's a repeat. I heard the building being built in front of Celebration Cinema at Knapps is a PF Changs. Anyone have pics? It was dark when I left the theatre last week but the basic steel structure seemed to be up.

You got me excited.. this was their response to my inquiry:

We are looking in the area but have not yet secured a site. Have a wonderful day!

Tiffany Hamby

Guest Relations

P.F. Chang's China Bistro

That's just a standard strip mall going up where Flowers of the Field use to be. I don't think it has spaces big enough for a restaurant like PF Chang's, though I could be wrong.

That's just a standard strip mall going up where Flowers of the Field use to be. I don't think it has spaces big enough for a restaurant like PF Chang's, though I could be wrong.

Well I'll be sure to let the friends who told me about it know they're wrong. Sorry for the brief excitement.

unsure.gif

I heard it was supposed to be italian.

It might be a second restaurant; a press release said John State was named executive chef and part of his duty will be to oversee 'launching the signature market fresh restaurant, six.one.six'. In the past, he's worked at Disney's Flying Fish Cafe and California Grill.

That's surprising. Wasn't there talk a while back of them moving to another space on Bridge St. and expanding?

Joe

Yeah, the article said it was a family decision not to reopen...Maggie's been working all these years 10 hours a day...time to retire apparently. Seems like they could go on...granted though, it wouldn't be exactly the same without her.

*fish

That's surprising. Wasn't there talk a while back of them moving to another space on Bridge St. and expanding?

Joe

They talked about that in the article. They originally were going to move into a new building on the corner of Stocking and Bridge, then they were going to move into another building. Both options are now dead.