Grand Rapids Restaurant Rumor Mill

dbrok

• 3 weeks later...

From the Marinades Facebook page:

As time changes, so must our company...

by Marinades Pizza Bistro on Friday, January 28, 2011 at 11:01am

We would like to thank the surrounding community, especially Siciliano's Specialty Market, for their support over the last 12 years.

On Saturday, January 29th, we will be serving our last guests at the Grand Rapids location. Please be sure to visit us in the heart of downtown Rockford, where Marinades Pizza Bistro and Grill One Eleven have become our flagship stores. All gift certificates, script, and any promotional discounts will continue to be honored at the Rockford Marinades location. We would like to thank you again for your patronage, and wish Siciliano's Specialty Market the best of luck with their future expansion.

Thanks for 12 great years!

Sincerely,

Aaron & Amy Zainea

and

The GR Marinades staff

Also check out the photos and descriptions of Siciliano's expansion.

Vol. 1: http://sicilianosmkt.blogspot.com/2011/02/expansion-update-volume-1.html

Vol. 2: http://sicilianosmkt.blogspot.com/2011/02/expansion-update-volume-2.html

I will miss the Marinades location there. We went soon after they first opened as Oregano's and they always had really great pizza. It looks like they closed their Jenison location in December and the Rockford one is the only remaining.

From the Marinades Facebook page:

Also check out the photos and descriptions of Siciliano's expansion.

Vol. 1: http://sicilianosmkt.blogspot.com/2011/02/expansion-update-volume-1.html

Vol. 2: http://sicilianosmkt.blogspot.com/2011/02/expansion-update-volume-2.html

I will miss the Marinades location there. We went soon after they first opened as Oregano's and they always had really great pizza. It looks like they closed their Jenison location in December and the Rockford one is the only remaining.

Any idea what Siciliano's is going to do with the space? More homebrew stuff, or expand their other retail?

Any idea what Siciliano's is going to do with the space? More homebrew stuff, or expand their other retail?

I only know what's on that page. I only stumbled upon the blog entry from a link to a different blog entry. :) You could ask them on Twitter or Facebook...or call the store and give us a report. :)

I am in there quite a bit. I will ask next time I stop in.

The folks at Siciliano's sent out an email to customers detailing some of the changes: http://sicilianosmkt.blogspot.com/2011/01/pardon-our-dust.html

In regards to what they'll be doing:

"We are very excited to be expanding into the space currently occupied by Marinades Pizza. Aaron has decided to focus his attention on his Rockford location and, as many of you know, we desperately need more room. We will be blasting a hole through the wall and we'll be using the additional space to make the store cleaner (by moving the grinding operations), neater and more organized.

With the added space will come more merchandise. We have been looking into some new, fun equipment for brewing and wine making. We also have plans to expand our book selection and we are thinking very seriously about selling green, unroasted coffee beans, home coffee roasters, and bread-baking ingredients and supplies."

I'm looking forward to the store becoming even more of a destination for the beer/wine/cheese/bread-making crowd. Finally some love for the Westside!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

You're not just going to leave us hanging, are you? Come on, Dad - you ended with a "Wow". Share with us - we won't tell a soul, promise.

Owner's wife cheating with a bartender, bartender gets legs broken, bartender sues, sounds like it was right out of a Martin Scorcese movie. :unsure:

Owner's wife cheating with a bartender, bartender gets legs broken, bartender sues, sounds like it was right out of a Martin Scorcese movie. :unsure:

Mum's the word - thanks for sharing. Wow was right - I can picture Joe Peschi walking into that bar with a baseball bat...

• Like 1

Mum's the word - thanks for sharing. Wow was right - I can picture Joe Peschi walking into that bar with a baseball bat...

I don't know exactly how you go about breaking both legs of somebody, without knowing what you were doing...

Of course, this is all third hand knowledge, so keep it under your hat. :stop:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Brann's is going to open one of their first "fast family" establishments out by Knapp's Corner Meijer (In front of Wendy's). They compared it to Chipotle or Panera style, with no table service (but with alcohol).

Brann's is going to open one of their first "fast family" establishments out by Knapp's Corner Meijer (In front of Wendy's). They compared it to Chipotle or Panera style, with no table service (but with alcohol).

Spotted this in tomorrow's GR City Commission agenda. It's on the Committee of the Whole portion, which is primarily items that are just approved in the morning and then voted on as a complete package in the evening.

" Resolution approving an alcoholic beverage request – Commerce Street LLC, 48 W. Fulton Street"

This is the space between the new Buffalo Wild Wings and San Chez that most recently was a thai restaurant and The Dragon Room before that. It was an ArtPrize venue sponsored by Mercantile Bank. Anyone know what might be planned for it now?

Edited by fotoman311

Spotted this in tomorrow's GR City Commission agenda. It's on the Committee of the Whole portion, which is primarily items that are just approved in the morning and then voted on as a complete package in the evening.

" Resolution approving an alcoholic beverage request – Commerce Street LLC, 48 W. Fulton Street"

This is the space between the new Buffalo Wild Wings and San Chez that most recently was a thai restaurant and The Dragon Room before that. It was an ArtPrize venue sponsored by Mercantile Bank. Anyone know what might be planned for it now?

I think it says right in the agenda. A sports bar from Lowell tranferring its license or something?

Also The Cambridge House has closed and a new restaurant with a new owner will open to take its place.

From what I read, the owner will stay the same, but the operator will be new.

But, since he and Giampapa will continue to own the space housing Cambridge, they will remain active in the Monroe North community.

"(The new operators) have a (liquor) license, it's just a matter of moving it to the space," Zeiser said. "They had approached us two or three times and finally we said you know I guess we should do this."

Cambridge House's license will be put into escrow for another restaurant and bar Zeiser and Giampapa plan to open.