Grand Rapids Restaurant Rumor Mill

dbrok

Not that White Castle is good or anything, but how in the hell does Lansing have 1 and we don't have any of the ten we could support (three on 28th, two on Division, one on Alpine, one on Plainfield, two on US-31 in Holland and Grand Haven and one on Apple Avenue in Muskegon)?

I emailed White Castle about not having one in GR or Kzoo and thats because Lansing/AnnArbor/Jackson are in the Detroit market and NW Indiana is in the Chicago one and that is as far away from the base as they want to go. It would be sweet to have one around here, White Castle is good college town 3am drunk food. I think it would be cool to just have one in the area on either 28th, division, or Lake MI somewhere

I emailed White Castle about not having one in GR or Kzoo and thats because Lansing/AnnArbor/Jackson are in the Detroit market and NW Indiana is in the Chicago one and that is as far away from the base as they want to go. It would be sweet to have one around here, White Castle is good college town 3am drunk food. I think it would be cool to just have one in the area on either 28th, division, or Lake MI somewhere

The best 3am drunk food is the dog pit. Mmmm....hot dogs...where's that drooling emoticon when i need it?!

The best 3am drunk food is the dog pit. Mmmm....hot dogs...where's that drooling emoticon when i need it?!

Heck yes, you can't beat the Dog Pit for a drunk snack. My favorite is the Junkyard Dog with no pickle.

MMMM.......saurkraut and tabasco!!!

Nitro

Yesterdog is tops for the snacks, but you can't beat the location and convenience of chowing down a couple of Dog Pit dogs while trying to sober up.

the only thing that's bad about the dog pit is that i've brought some inebriated people in there who didn't like the hot-doggy smell in there.

What are some other good drunk snack places downtown?

the only thing that's bad about the dog pit is that i've brought some inebriated people in there who didn't like the hot-doggy smell in there.

What are some other good drunk snack places downtown?

Bridge Street Pizza across from montes is uber delicious at the 2am mark.. actually it's always good... :D

• 2 weeks later...

Today I heard Buffalo Wild Wings is going to take the first floor of the Weston Apartments :thumbsup:

I've always liked their food, so I hope this happens.

This would be a huge get for downtown. Even though it is a national chain, they do bring branding recognition, and pretty good food. Plus, the location would be ideal. It would help fill in the void between the Sierra Room/Taps/J. Gardella's/Bar Divani area and the Black Rose area. We definately need to have that corridor fill up with entertainment. It would make it an even bigger draw than it currently is. Hope the rumor is true. :)

Just imagine Ionia with a true French Quarter Mardi Gras type feel, with live juke joints, music pumped out into the streets, a big development just South of Sierra Room with patios and open air bars overlooking the action, and people spilling out onto the sidewalks every night! (take one night off to hose down the streets). :shades: It's not that far off.

DCP_1595.sized.jpg

Just imagine Ionia with a true French Quarter Mardi Gras type feel, with live juke joints, music pumped out into the streets, a big development just South of Sierra Room with patios and open air bars overlooking the action, and people spilling out onto the sidewalks every night! (take one night off to hose down the streets). :shades: It's not that far off.

Oh man that would be sweet. :yahoo: But on Bouron St the hose the sidewalks off every morning. Its funny that you mention that, I was thinking that exact same thing yesterday when I drove up Ionia. ;)

I am sitting at the Urban Beanery Cafe (1151 Madison Ave SE) sipping on some really fine coffee and surfing the net on their high speed wireless. Check it out everyone. Shannon (the owner) has really raised the bar in this/my neighborhood.

For those of you that do not know, I live above the Urban Beanery, and own the building. I think I will have to change my morning routine. Living above a coffee shop could be dangerous for me.

I am sitting at the Urban Beanery Cafe (1151 Madison Ave SE) sipping on some really fine coffee and surfing the net on their high speed wireless. Check it out everyone. Shannon (the owner) has really raised the bar in this/my neighborhood.

For those of you that do not know, I live above the Urban Beanery, and own the building. I think I will have to change my morning routine. Living above a coffee shop could be dangerous for me.

That sounds pretty cool! It could be worse Dave, it could be a Krispy Kreme :P

Supposedly a more family friendly place (hopefully not as stuffy). I know the Campagnia on E. Beltline owned by Bistro Bella Vita has closed and is now going to be El Burrito Loco. And we know that a new McFaddens is opening in the Waldron Building downtown, and the Post Bar is opening a new location on Grandville. I found this on McFaddens (mainly on the East Coast now). I am assuming it is the same place:

Where's the Waldron building ?? :blush: