dbrok

Grand Rapids Restaurant Rumor Mill

One at the old Karate spot, within a successful restaurant family in GR.  The other at the former Coral Reef building.  Right across the street from each other.  Both basically approved.

Screen Shot 2016-10-19 at 11.43.32 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-10-19 at 11.43.20 AM.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mpchicago said:

The Karate place was suppose to be a brewery?  Is that still the case?

No, just a Restaurant- Citizen.  They are looking to get approval on outdoor seating today or tomorrow I believe.  

On 10/20/2016 at 1:22 PM, ctpgr34 said:

No, just a Restaurant- Citizen.  They are looking to get approval on outdoor seating today or tomorrow I believe.  

http://grandrapidscitymi.iqm2.com/Citizens/FileOpen.aspx?Type=1&ID=2294&Inline=True

On the agenda for Thursday the 27th, starting on page 24 is the info. Global food with a tiki cocktail menu. Seems to have great support from the neighborhood and personally I'm excited to try it.

On 10/21/2016 at 6:59 PM, Pattmost20 said:

http://grandrapidscitymi.iqm2.com/Citizens/FileOpen.aspx?Type=1&ID=2294&Inline=True

On the agenda for Thursday the 27th, starting on page 24 is the info. Global food with a tiki cocktail menu. Seems to have great support from the neighborhood and personally I'm excited to try it.

The City of Grand Rapids Planning Commission gave Citizen unanimous approval of our Special Land Use request.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, GR_Urbanist said:

WP_20161105_12_39_13_Pro.jpg

The new Flanagan's facade is looking pretty sharp. Much more authentic.

I met one of the managers the other day, he said renovations are taking a lot longer than planned, but he said they are doing extensive work on the interior. Should look completely different inside.

• Like 2

On 11/5/2016 at 8:51 PM, GR_Urbanist said:

WP_20161105_12_39_13_Pro.jpg

The new Flanagan's facade is looking pretty sharp. Much more authentic.

Wow. I didn't even know that was going on. 

Heard from 2 people now that Buffalo Tobacco on Fulton was bought by the people behind Side Bar and will become a Cocktail and Cigar lounge. I believe someone on this thread had mentioned they were trying to get a liquor license, but it is cool to hear who is behind it (I love Side Bar's drinks).

1 hour ago, ctpgr34 said:

My guess is they'll keep it more fine dining. It has been a while since I was in there, but I feel like the space wouldn't work for a normal Uccellos.

From the article it seems like they are going to keep it more upscale. I had not known that the Herb and Fire was a Uccello's umbrella restaurant.

With the closing of Fat Johnny's on Monroe Center, I have heard that Joel, the owner of That Early Bird, will be opening a Burger focused establishment to fill that open space.

Looks like there is movement on the Old Wealthy Street Station location at 1157 Wealthy.

Paul Lee is seeking Special land use,  Restaurant/Alcohol Under the name  Wealthy Rooster LLC.

Maybe that corner will be ready for the new development across the street when that goes up.

On 1/27/2017 at 9:59 AM, EastownLeo said:

Looks like there is movement on the Old Wealthy Street Station location at 1157 Wealthy.

Paul Lee is seeking Special land use,  Restaurant/Alcohol Under the name  Wealthy Rooster LLC.

Maybe that corner will be ready for the new development across the street when that goes up.

This will be a "No-Tip" restaurant and will include "Curbside service"

Interesting. I figured the same people were just doing a new concept. Especially since Omelette Shoppe and El Barrio seemed to share the space.