Grand Rapids Restaurant Rumor Mill

dbrok

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, WMrapids said:

Didn’t expect to see this from WGRD (especially with the Access Kent information), but it looks like the Dairy Queen on Fulton may be closing.

https://wgrd.com/ixp/46/p/is-fulton-street-dairy-queen-closed-for-good/

That really stinks! This one has been around for decades and was always the stop after for my family, and my wife's family, in the 80s after a trip to the zoo.

On 10/25/2022 at 11:37 AM, WMrapids said:

Didn’t expect to see this from WGRD (especially with the Access Kent information), but it looks like the Dairy Queen on Fulton may be closing.

https://wgrd.com/ixp/46/p/is-fulton-street-dairy-queen-closed-for-good/

Speaking of West Fulton, the Tim Hortons on West Fulton is becoming "Vibe Energy Cafe." 

22 hours ago, cstonesparty said:

KFC didn't make it, and Tim Horton's didn't make it...  I wouldn't bet on something called Vibe Energy Cafe.

That Tim Hortons contributed to its own demise (along with COVID). As someone who grew up with Tim Hortons in the Detroit area 20 years ago, I was routinely disappointed by what that shop was selling (undercooked, poor quality, small portions).  

1 hour ago, joeDowntown said:

Wow, that is crazy. Was the concept that bad (based on what they say in their post). Seems like they barely gave people a chance to try it. 

Joe

Wasn't terrible, but not up to their standard in my opinion. With the pending recession, maybe isn't a bad time to drop their lowest performing restaurant and focus on the other 3.

• Like 1