Grand Rapids Restaurant Rumor Mill

dbrok

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of items:

Mangiamo's (the old Gibsons) is supposed to open later this month according to Grand Rapids Magazine. They added a new canopy onto the building which looks very sharp with the red accents :thumbsup:

In the original GRAM plan, the second floor was supposed to house a privately-run restaurant/cafe with a covered verandah overlooking Monroe Center, anyone know if this is still the case?

That's all for now.

Edited by GRDadof3

A couple of items:

Mangiamo's (the old Gibsons) is supposed to open later this month according to Grand Rapids Magazine. They added a new canopy onto the building which looks very sharp with the red accents :thumbsup:

In the original GRAM plan, the second floor was supposed to house a privately-run restaurant/cafe with a covered verandah overlooking Monroe Center, anyone know if this is still the case?

That's all for now.

It's seems that I recall reading that plans for the caf

I know chains aren't the most popular on UP, but the Noodles at 5070 28th SE opens tomorrow, Nov 5.

I tried to stop by XO Asian Cuisine for lunch on Tuesday, the day they were supposed to be open, but apparently they aren't starting until next week sometime.

Edited by dbrok

I hadn't heard anything about that. I don't think it's open.

Yeah from what I've heard it's open. It was open for "friends and family" on saturday and people in "the biz" have told me it's open full time now. From what i've heard it is a REALLY cool concept bar/restaurant