Grand Rapids Restaurant Rumor Mill

dbrok

I hadn't heard anything about that. I don't think it's open.

Yep, it's open 11:30am till 2am 7 days a week. Ate there last night, food was pretty tasty. People were outside eating with thier dogs sitting next to them, it was pretty cool. Wasn't very busy, but I haven't heard or seen any Ads for the place, they'll need to pick it up a bit to stay open long. They havea a cool "Feature" in the bathroom, you can look out over the bar through a one way glass/mirror from the urinals :ph34r: .. i thoughtt it was funny...

/oh and from 3-7 is happy hour with 3.50 Woodstini or $1 off any other drink.. $1.50 Budlight Pint is tasty..

Yeah from what I've heard it's open. It was open for "friends and family" on saturday and people in "the biz" have told me it's open full time now. From what i've heard it is a REALLY cool concept bar/restaurant

Well they did a crappy job of promoting then. I haven't heard a thing about it.

No you're not, that was ALL I heard about it except here. Not a good job promoting at all.

Yeah, and with them being kind of "outta the loop" as far as location (at least until I win the lotto and build my retail center there), they had better get on top of that, or they'll be part of the 80% (or whatever the stat is) that don't make it past 1 year.

I just finished dinner at McFadden's and thought it was actually quite good. The food (fish and chips and salmon) tasted great, and there weren't any hitches, event though it isn't officially opened. I recommend it overall.

Well since you brought it up, I've tried almost everything on the menu, and there's a lot of really good stuff.. if anyone is going tonight, i'll be there someplace.. you can play where's PBJ.. :thumbsup:

Does anyone want tickets to McFadden's opening parties Thursday or Friday? Thursday night is there pre-grand opening VIP party and Friday is the grand opening party. I have tickets to both nights, but can't go.

Can I presume that you need tickets to go there on Friday night?

PBJ, aren't you a bartender there? That might narrow it down a bit :whistling: Gonna make some Coyote Ugly moves on Friday? :D

Probably not much street value as we passed out some rediculous amount of passes for both nights, all I can offer you is the advice to get there early (I've been to other grand openings before, and they're nuts).

As for Coyote Ugly.. uhm i think i'll be to busy running around like an idiot behind the bar to get up and dance :w00t: , but I'll see if i can work something out.

Nice pictures! Is the outside area there on the left of the photo, by the fireplace? Did I hear that there was an outside bar as well?

Thanks for the input on getting there early....maybe I'll give it a shot on Friday.

Yeah, there will be two outdoor bars once we get through the cold winter.