Orlando City Place

Jaybee

I have a feeling that if a luxury hotel chain moves into this space then others are going to begin to follow and we are going to see our next big proposals including hotels, which in general are larger buildings than residential.

Imagine what this is going to do for the Uptown skyline.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have all been sitting on pins and needles waiting for the plans for the Pizzuti block, and here comes Jaybee, yet again, with someting new and unbelievable. I think we all have been waiting for a project like this. Thanks again Jaybee. Amazing!

Wow, that's pretty impressive. At 1,500 residential units, its roughly the same size as Jacksonville's proposed San Marco Riverwalk, which will include 6 towers (35,35,35,30,28 & 9). If that's the case this thing has got to be pushing 45 to 50 stories. What's the timetable? Is there any concern over the FAA?

I bet the FAA tries to get it knocked lower but at some point, some developer is going to have to challenge the (non existent?) FAA height restrictions.

Driving through Orlando on I-4 could be a REALLY cool experience in 10-15 years if all of these projects get built...

I cant believe it. Amazing development, a cluster all on its own, with one massive project. I wonder if there will be some sort of unique entertainment, spot to go along with this massive development, besides TD Waterhouse which is already there we need another reason to make people want to stay in this area.

I think Buddy Dyer is aiming for a statue of himself at one of these projects. ;)

He deserves it, if he can pull this through.

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I just found a new front page cover for Orlandoskyscrapers.....This might put Orlando into the big time.......I would say easily 500 ft....When I get home this evening I'll post this on the site..........

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I just found a new front page cover for Orlandoskyscrapers.....This might put Orlando into the big time.......I would say easily 500 ft....When I get home this evening I'll post this on the site..........

Im not sure 500 but probably 450! Could it be 500? I do hope they avoia a suburban tourist resort feel (I-drive) and go for a modern urbanist paradise type feel(Miami).

Like Jaybee said, those are actually 3 buildings 1. SW Corner of Hughey and Colonial appearing to be 37 or 38 stories (unkown usage "hotel"perhaps) 2. Old Holiday Inn building behind #1 at 14 stories with a new expansion to the west end. This is or was a Best Value Hotel. 3. The Large behemoth behind it which only appears as a conceptual image standing at least 500 feet ??????????? Fronting perhaps Hughey. Is this maybe an office building???? Could part of this be the new Marriott Relocation? And the other part a new corporate HQ with convenient hotel facilities next door? This is how Parramore will start its economic upswing as that amount of rooms may provide for housekeeping, culinary, retail and other types of employment for the willing populous around the area. And as development spreads west in two spots. Hughes Square and City View apartments to the south and this mega complex to the north and whatever happens with the TD Waterhouse and surrounding areas, this will spark more economic development to this area. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

p.s. i hate those dang visors.......hopefully the final design will be better!!

This one may actually trump the Suntrust Tower as our new signature skyscraper, depending 100% of course on those idiots over at BBArch, but sometimes they come through...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The build in the front is 37 floors so it probably ties with SunTrust give or take. So the big ones in the back can easily break 500'

The build in the front is 37 floors so it probably ties with SunTrust give or take.  So the big ones in the back can easily break 500'

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm looking out my window right now at SunTrust and drooling...if the smaller of the three buildings in this rendering truly is as tall as SunTrust, then the other larger building in the rendering will DEFINITELY be over 500ft IMO!

Anyone want to take a crack at my earlier question about the FAA, whether they'd look more kindly on this project, seeing that it's several blocks farther away from the airport than other proposed towers ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It would only make sense that if it was further west and in between the runways approach and takeoff that they could go higher....but we are talking about the government. ;)

Anyone want to take a crack at my earlier question about the FAA, whether they'd look more kindly on this project, seeing that it's several blocks farther away from the airport than other proposed towers ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I forget who it was, but a few months ago someone made a long post about how there isn't any law on the books prohibiting buildings from going above a certain height - it is just all pressure that the FAA puts on the MPB to have a downtown height restriction. In the post from a few months ago, the poster had diagrams outlining approach patterns, and downtown Orlando isn't even in the way of the approach. But, smaller aircraft are allowed to "cut in line" for approach, and doing that means flying directly over downtown Orlando before landing at the executive airport.

I myself have seen planes "cutting in line" to land; I have been looking out the window (I work in Copper Wopper) and have regularly seen planes flying due south directly over downtown and then bearing to the west to land. This makes me think that the FAA would still raise hell even if a building west of I-4 wanted to go higher than their "restriction."

Does anyone else remember the post I referred to above? It was one of the best posts I've seen on here, very informative.

Archived