Orlando City Place

Jaybee

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey UPSDan, How can you tell how tall the other buildings are? I have been looking at the site plan but cannot make out anything. The Hilton is the existing 14 story old Holiday Inn building with some sprucing up. Also that says Site Scheme "B" as well. Hmmm?

I am only basing the building heights from what I can tell in the site scheme and I only see #'s that start with 1 or 2 in floor height. I don't see anything starting with 4 or 5 like we were hoping. But I can't blow the picture up with enough definition to tell. Anyone have some good software to be able to read the site plan?

A new project to digest... :blush:

A redo of the Holiday Inn at Colonial and I-4, which expands the hotel (west side of I-4).  Nearly 70,000 square feet of retail.  Over 100,000 square feet of office. Over 1,500 units.

OrlandoCityPlace.jpg

OrlandoCityPlace1.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I.M.O. I think that this whole project would be better suited for the Pizutti plot.

So this looks like a Hilton and than an office building but what are the rest of the buildings gonna be, condotels, apartments, condominiums???? I can't make out the #'s either but i could almost swear that one of them looks like it says 39 story residential. Dunno for sure. Also what is Sun Holdings as this icon appears next to Baker & barrios Architects icon on the Hilton rendering? I went and checked and there is a new website coming for sunholdings.com, this is what it says;

sunholdings.com

Welcome to the new sunholdings.com website! Our site has been recently created and will soon be available for your use. Our web designers are creating a new web-interface that will soon be online! In the meantime, please be patient while we are working to make these changes. A new page will be available soon!

I'm willing to bet there are much more up-to-date images than this, being that this is from FBBarch. There has to be something from the last matter of weeks. Are there any more details available yet or any idea when details will be officially released? When are we suppose to find out more details on the other rumored major projects? Somebody here has to have the inside scoop enough to divulge some official dates or maybe a degree of soonness just so I <and others> aren't consumed by our expectations and driven to checking these forums as many times a day as possible (atleast less than 10 times). I am in Maryland right now and visited Baltimore yesterday and wow, despite the endemic poverty, the dowtown was beautiful. It was vibrant and diverse. None of the towers exceeded 40-stories I believe and few even exceeded 30. But they had culture. Maybe between EA and Fifth Third Bank and a few other tenants we can bring some more cultural facilities to our neck of the woods.

New Images. Hotel looks like a Hilton....The other buildings on the site appear to be around 22 to 30 stories...Also on Orlandoskyscrapers.com

Orlandositeplan_1_-399x258.jpg

Orlandohotel_1_.jpeg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you add up all the units, whether condo, hotel or apartments, you end up with 1436 (off of the picture from the website). The highest building is currently marked at 30 stories (360 units) with lofts above. Don't know if the lofts are included in the 360 or not. But the total number of units comes close to 1600. Also, it seems that the second pic of the "Hilton Hotel" is not on their site anymore- I'm assuming it was at one point.

FWIW, this rendering of the Hilton can't be too recent, since Farmer, Baker, Barrios is listed as the architect and we all know that Farmer left the firm some time ago...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

At least not as recent as the past month & 1/2 or so, as that is when they officially changed the firm's name.

Gotta admit I am a little dissapointed in site plan B, but good density:

Holiday Inn Redevelopment converted to Hilton

30 Story Residential/360 Units

22 Story Residential/340 Units

25 Story Residential/236 Units

15 Story Residential/120 Units

8 Story Residential/64 Units

Orlandositeplanbigger_1_-860x556.jpg

I'm not sure whether we should put much faith in the images UPSDan was provided. Maybe thats just to satisfy us for now while they work on the real deal. The images don't really go to much together and are atleast over a month old (most likely, much older). If you do the math, there are some obvious contridications between the information we were provided by Jaybee and steve-O, which I would think would have more credence, being that they must have access to pretty fresh information. Scheme B has no office space, 1160 units of residential and approximately 62,000 sq.ft. of retail (including the 3-story residents building). The hotel is still 276 units and there appears to be no expansion, just renovation. The model even refers to it as the existing Holiday Inn and outlines facilities attached to it. However, the Hilton image, besides being a Hilton, fails to depict any of the additions. The hotel still goes along with the initial pictures that were provided, going by the roof/height/appearance.

Going by the information that Jaybee and steve-o so graciously provided, there must be more fresh information out there; maybe Jaybee or steve-O could let us know if atleast we should buy into the two pics we were provided.

"Let me find out exactly what I can disclose before I start spilling anything. I am pretty sure its okay to say there will be approximately 1600 units and have hotel/residences included in one of the phases." Steve-O

"A new project to digest... A redo of the Holiday Inn at Colonial and I-4, which expands the hotel (west side of I-4). Nearly 70,000 square feet of retail. Over 100,000 square feet of office. Over 1,500 units." Jaybee

Going by their statements, there is a lot more than whats being described. The eye-catcher is what Steve-O said about there being approximately 1600 units and hotel.residences included in one of the phases. Steve-O and Jaybee, is there any more information you can disclose?

Archived