Orlando City Place

Jaybee

• 1 month later...

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to the Lexington grand opening last night. They did a good job on the hotel and the food was great. Oh, and they changed the renderings. Apparently they are increasing the retail by a substantial amount and are going to have an urban mall.

I went to the Lexington grand opening last night. They did a good job on the hotel and the food was great. Oh, and they changed the renderings. Apparently they are increasing the retail by a substantial amount and are going to have an urban mall.

I received their fancy invitation for Oct 3....kinda short notice to cross the Atlantic. I didn't bother to go because from what I could see last weekend when I was in town, the restaurant in front wasn't even finished. Did anyone spend the night for the $129 offer....how was it? Did they have everything done, including the restaurant? :shok:

They must have changed that grand opening about 10 times! Probably cash flow issues. Hopefully they can sell these and pad their pockets a bit. Hopefully the rest of this development will go smoother....eventhough the hotel conversion was easy by comparison.

I truly hope they decide to make the residential portion affordable. $150-$250K At least the working class people with non-executive pay have a chance of owning and living downtown. This seems to me the only way such an enormous underating (1000+ condos) will have a chance of pre-selling.

Overall....nice addition for the Parramore side of downtown! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Today's OBJ has an article detailing Cityplace's plans to add the retail mall jack mentioned. Supposed to include 500k sq feet of retail space and Kalivretonos expects it up & running within in 3 years. The article also mentions the new renderings jack saw as well, though it only provided one such rendering of an entrance - but it does look cool. The article should be on OBJ's website on Monday.

Archived