Orlando City Place

Jaybee

Hmm....am I dreaming? How come the last time I went by there the restaurant in front appeared to be still under construction (at least on the outside).

Has someone actually been there? Are we talking about the same thing or is District Five restaurant on the inside of the main building? :unsure:

Damn I heard him mention the name of the restaurant, and wondered 'Where is that? (City) District 5 somewhere, I assume? Just where in the hell is district five, and District Five, presumably within it?'

So I dunno.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

AboutImages.jpg

GlobeSt.com UPDATE: Orlando CityPlace Developers Expand $500M Project

By Alex Finkelstein

ORLANDO-The developers say they have $50 million of their own money in the planned 4.5-acre venture. The mixed-use project will include 1,209 condominium and apartment homes in three towers; a 14-story, 227-unit condo hotel; 120,000 sf of office; 100,000 sf of retail; 10-story parking garage; and a seven-story health club and spa facility.

http://www.globest.com/news/466_466/orlando/142597-1.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cityplace website mentioned about Galleria at Orlando City Place...anybody have any clue?

Cityplace website mentioned about Galleria at Orlando City Place...anybody have any clue?

Galleria as in Houston Galleria.....Mall with Ice Skating Ring? Is that the future of the Arena? That would be cool but I don't think that is the best use for this property. I think Several Hotels and restaurants around Lake Dot would be nice to accomodate some downtown convention space. This would tie in nicely with Orlando City Place and the conversion of Centroplex.

• 1 month later...

They finally put a sign on the building for the District Three Five restaurant. They also put the sign for the Lexington at ground level at the corner of Colonial and Hughey facing the I-4 offramp. It was partially blocked when I saw it early this morning, so I can't comment on its appearance.

^Aesthically, District 5's interior looks Great. (edit) Actually, the Lexington hotel's inside, which connects to the restaurant by a vestibule lounge, is very well done too.

In terms of its food, I will not return until the menu, food quality, and service improve substantially.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone looked at this project on orlandoskyscrapers.com lately?

The design has been changed significantly for the purposes of building an indoor shopping promenade as mentioned in prior posts on this thread

I called the developer a week or so ago and he indicated to me a change in the design was coming due to the retail element

I like this new design, should make the whole project that much more appealing if you ask me

Check it out if you haven't yet

Has anyone looked at this project on orlandoskyscrapers.com lately?

The design has been changed significantly for the purposes of building an indoor shopping promenade as mentioned in prior posts on this thread

I called the developer a week or so ago and he indicated to me a change in the design was coming due to the retail element

I like this new design, should make the whole project that much more appealing if you ask me

Check it out if you haven't yet

I agree. the previous design where they incorporated a twin to the Lexington, a bldg. which should've been demolished to begin with, sucked. It made no sense ala the new towers in the shape of a "U". Now at least, it will make sense. Question is, is there a higher resolution image of that new shot available?

agreed^^^

also

is this project viable? or just another one of our pipe dreams

I think it's hard to say until we find out for sure what's going on with the redevelopment of the Centroplex.

These condos were supposed to be reasonably priced, if I remember correctly, which would be a pro towards the project's viability.

Speaking of reasonable priced camden place or whatever it is called on orange ave right now is being built and it is going to be apt for 12 years, an agreement with the city was decided they cannot go condo, and like 50% have to be low income housing. Have they been to cityview apts, obviously not, the low income thing is not going well over here, eviction notices on the doors, the place being trashed. How about something for the avg middle class person, screw the low income people they had there chance and they are trashing what they have. I want to live in the city cant afford the new condos cant live in the controlled rent places b/c i make to much, where do i live?

Speaking of reasonable priced camden place or whatever it is called on orange ave right now is being built and it is going to be apt for 12 years, an agreement with the city was decided they cannot go condo, and like 50% have to be low income housing. Have they been to cityview apts, obviously not, the low income thing is not going well over here, eviction notices on the doors, the place being trashed. How about something for the avg middle class person, screw the low income people they had there chance and they are trashing what they have. I want to live in the city cant afford the new condos cant live in the controlled rent places b/c i make to much, where do i live?

I agree.The problem is how can they build these hirises now with materials and labor so high,make a profit and be able to sell them.Also alot of homes are still be bought at around 300,000.00 so why cant they build condos say around 250-275 for us working class stiff go higher with the buildings equals more condos and everyone is happy.

Camden is not affordable, it just has to stay rental for 12 years. The owners can charge what they want for all of the units.

It should be affordable. Aside from the first floor, it is going up with plywood and 2x4's. The people that will live there will probably pay for concrete construction and obviously get wood. Maybe the little pig can make it out of hay next time.

I would like to see a hurricane named Wolf one day if we ever get that high up again in my lifetime.

The wood looks like crap. How high are they going with the wood? I would live there if somebody paid me. You'll hear everything, your floors will be creaking and warping and sooner or later the whole place will fall down. I can't believe they are letting this place get build out of wood.

The wood looks like crap. How high are they going with the wood? I would live there if somebody paid me. You'll hear everything, your floors will be creaking and warping and sooner or later the whole place will fall down. I can't believe they are letting this place get build out of wood.

Anyone have pictures?

Generally the highest you can go with wood construction is 3 stories, but when the bottom floor is block and maybe a poured floor? Maybe 3 floors still on top of the first (4 total?).

You can go higher but I don't think it's economical.

Archived