Orlando City Place

Jaybee

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

I had a meeting at the Lexington this week and had the opportunity to view a few of the units. I must say that overall I was very impressed with what they've done with the place. I really didnt think it was possible but they did a hell of a job.

The developers also mentioned a 2008 groundbreaking on the rest of the project with the parking garage and retail coming first. We'll have to see but it does look good on paper!

• 3 months later...

So this is offically dead and no more new tallest or shopping mall for Orlando.

Orlando CityPlace developers looking for a buyer for the downtown property

Jerry W. Jackson {sodEmoji.|} Sentinel Staff Writer

July 24, 2007

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/or...0,1185523.story

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So now all eyes on the 50 Main & Main "Time Warner centre"

the two big projects that looks different and have some different designs are all dead. The north orange and the city place. These two plots of lands must be cursed.

I think it had 2 things happen / announce that drown their idea.

1) the arena possibly moving

2) Church Street Station being redone

As cool as the mall thing was, I have to say, that when I first saw that proposal, my first impression was 'what the f*ck are these guys thinking building on that plot?' I mean, who will go there at that corner? Well, after discussing it I came around but then came talk of O-Rena moving-- then Marriott abandoned it's plans--- I figured they'd be next.

As cool as the mall thing was, I have to say, that when I first saw that proposal, my first impression was 'what the f*ck are these guys thinking building on that plot?' I mean, who will go there at that corner? Well, after discussing it I came around but then came talk of O-Rena moving-- then Marriott abandoned it's plans--- I figured they'd be next.

Wait, what plans did Marriott have? Are they not going to turn the current downtown Marriott into dorms for the UCF Digital Media campus? As for this project, it's a shame, but also location being a problem. That being said--- weren't the tallest towers supposed to be affordable apartments anyway?

Wait, what plans did Marriott have? Are they not going to turn the current downtown Marriott into dorms for the UCF Digital Media campus? As for this project, it's a shame, but also location being a problem. That being said--- weren't the tallest towers supposed to be affordable apartments anyway?

Marriott-- deal is off with UCF and for a new hotel tower nearby as of months ago; I doubt plans will change since the location of the new arena is tantamount to this hotel's viability.

affordable housing-- I figured with talk of Verde and all, that would help this project move forward. I figured these guys were using the Lexington project to make their $$$ and use it towards the rest of the project, except that I bet their sales didn't go well enough.

GDC has $$$. I don't these guys did. I think OCP was tied too closely into the Lexington's success.

Marriott-- deal is off with UCF and for a new hotel tower nearby as of months ago; I doubt plans will change since the location of the new arena is tantamount to this hotel's viability.

affordable housing-- I figured with talk of Verde and all, that would help this project move forward. I figured these guys were using the Lexington project to make their $$$ and use it towards the rest of the project, except that I bet their sales didn't go well enough.

GDC has $$$. I don't these guys did. I think OCP was tied too closely into the Lexington's success.

I know this isnt the forum for the verde but is it a go?

I don't see how anyone could say they were surprised by this one. To say that the City Place plans were ambitious would be the same as saying Burj Dubai is tall.

I was surprised to discover, after reading the article, that the developer hinged City Place on sales at the Lexington. The concept of a condo-hotel seems commercially iffy as it is, let alone in that location.

Still, the re-do looks better than the old Holiday Inn.

July 24, 2007

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No SMOG? SOB!

I know this isnt the forum for the verde but is it a go?

I'm assuming they're in negotiations right now with whatever entities are involved in construction and what not; I wouldn't worry about that one--- they've got the $$$ to get it done; OCP was a completely different story. Great vision. Verde ran with it.

Lexington should have been developed 1.5 years earlier-- then it would've been a success, or at least kept them out of CH.11.

I was surprised to discover, after reading the article, that the developer hinged City Place on sales at the Lexington.

well, that verifies it-- didn't realize it was in that article-- they hinged that project of Lexington condo sales-- how risky was that... well, that is reasonable.

July 24, 2007

This sucks

Did anyone every actually EAT at District 5? I was going to then checked their menu online and realized it was $$$$ (think Ruth's Chris or the like) pricing. I don't mind paying a ton for dinner (if it's awesome) but I had a feeling this place was not "awesome" in a good way...

Did anyone every actually EAT at District 5? I was going to then checked their menu online and realized it was $$$$ (think Ruth's Chris or the like) pricing. I don't mind paying a ton for dinner (if it's awesome) but I had a feeling this place was not "awesome" in a good way...

I think the food hound for the sentinel said the best part was dessert and the rest was OK.

Did you see the baldwin park steakhouse review from last weekend? OMFG - could it be any worse? I ate there and really thought it was kind of "playskool" if you know what I mean. The price did NOT equate to the quality, both in food and atmosphere. It felt more like an Outback that charged 3x the price. What a joke that place is. Can't wait to see what comes after this place closes shop, which should not be too long.

Archived