Orlando City Place

Jaybee

It's no longer the SMOG project but that's still 2 X the units as Ridgely (which is huge).  Plus the Hilton!  Not bad.  Not bad at all.

By the way (SMOG) refers to "Sweet Mother of God" which was the first gasp from bic when he saw the Plan A.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Haha..I didn't know I would inadvertantly coin an acronym, but I like it.

Even though the towers may not be as monsterous as they first appeared, I'm still amazed at the scale of this project. Think of it this way:

-30-story, 22-story, and 15-story buildings equal the scale of The Plaza.

-8-story building equals the scale of The Jackson

-25-story building is a bit larger than The Waverly

Needless to say that's very impressive. The only real reservation I have with "Plan B" is the old Holiday Inn being renovated and turned into a Hilton. Something just doesn't seem right about the Hilton choosing to occupy a dated and relatively small existing structure that once belonged to a low budget hotel chain rather than starting anew-- especially when there will be five brand new buildings constructed right around it.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure whether we should put much faith in the images UPSDan was provided. Maybe thats just to satisfy us for now while they work on the real deal. The images don't really go to much together and are atleast over a month old (most likely, much older). If you do the math, there are some obvious contridications between the information we were provided by Jaybee and steve-O, which I would think would have more credence, being that they must have access to pretty fresh information. Scheme B has no office space, 1160 units of residential and approximately 62,000 sq.ft. of retail (including the 3-story residents building). The hotel is still 276 units and there appears to be no expansion, just renovation. The model even refers to it as the existing Holiday Inn and outlines facilities attached to it. However, the Hilton image, besides being a Hilton, fails to depict any of the additions. The hotel still goes along with the initial pictures that were provided, going by the roof/height/appearance.

Going by the information that Jaybee and steve-o so graciously provided, there must be more fresh information out there; maybe Jaybee or steve-O could let us know if atleast we should buy into the two pics we were provided.

"Let me find out exactly what I can disclose before I start spilling anything. I am pretty sure its okay to say there will be approximately 1600 units and have hotel/residences included in one of the phases." Steve-O

"A new project to digest...  A redo of the Holiday Inn at Colonial and I-4, which expands the hotel (west side of I-4). Nearly 70,000 square feet of retail. Over 100,000 square feet of office. Over 1,500 units." Jaybee

Going by their statements, there is a lot more than whats being described. The eye-catcher is what Steve-O said about there being approximately 1600 units and hotel.residences included in one of the phases. Steve-O and Jaybee, is there any more information you can disclose?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was kinda thinking the same thing. The numbers from what I recieved and what Steve-O and Jaybee said don't add up. I really hope the original images Jaybee had are the plan and not what I recieved.....Anyway, I am leaving for vacation for a couple weeks and might not be contributing much. I hope you guys find out the Orlando City Place mystery in my absence. One other thing I did notice is that possibly all those building heights in the diagram did not include the parking structures that would be underneath them. This could easily add 5 to 10 stories on some of these numbers:

30 Story Residential/360 Units

22 Story Residential/340 Units

25 Story Residential/236 Units

15 Story Residential/120 Units

8 Story Residential/64 Units

I would not be entirely dissapointed if we ended up with plan B however. It definetly could start further development in the Parramore area and west side of I-4. Also, no matter what the architecture is, it is far better then what exists there now.

I totally agree and I don't think this thing will fall short of amazing all of us. BBarch is trying to make a name for itself and they'll do whatever they can to synthesize a vibrant urban community that will only bring them further opportunities in the surrounding Parramore area. This is a seed and it has to be planted just right. It'll probably be sometime before we find out more or before anything becomes more concrete, but hopefully the other rumored projects are unearthed before long. Maybe one of us could email BBarch and see what we can find out from them and see if there are anymore pictures that could be added to our collection. Anybody have existing contacts at the BBarch?

My understanding is that UPSDAN's is an older site plan... you'll see the final showing up on MPB agenda for July. As usual, the site plan has morphed about 4 times in the last few months, and will probably morph some more before the public hearing. If the cat is already out of the bag that this is a Hilton, I was told that they will need the expansion 'cause Hilton requires a certain amount of rooms in order to do the project (as well as, get this, convention space).

My understanding is that UPSDAN's is an older site plan... you'll see the final showing up on MPB agenda for July. As usual, the site plan has morphed about 4 times in the last few months, and will probably morph some more before the public hearing. If the cat is already out of the bag that this is a Hilton, I was told that they will need the expansion 'cause Hilton requires a certain amount of rooms in order to do the project (as well as, get this, convention space).

Now that would be what we need. The ability to give people an alternative to I-drive focusing on the business people and retailers. I hope your right a new 12 screen movie theater downtown, with AJAX, and possibly convention space would drastically change downtowns style.

Now that would be what we need. The ability to give people an alternative to I-drive focusing on the business people and retailers. I hope your right a new 12 screen movie theater downtown, with AJAX, and possibly convention space would drastically change downtowns style.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Does anyone know if AJAX is still shopping for a backer to build a stadium somewhere? The FBBArch design was put together for Pizzuti before the site was sold to Palm Beach Land Trust. BBArch still shows the design though. Does AJAX have enough operations going to support their own stadium? I know they do have teams in several development leagues and host a bunch of development schools and clinics.

you'll see the final showing up on MPB agenda for July.

Is this for the approval of the project? I am trying to get an idea of timeframe. Dynetech was approved at the last meeting, and their groudbreaking is in October, right?

Dan (UPSDan) wanted me to post this info since he is out of town. This is an e-mail from a rep from rhs development to Dan.

Dan,

I was checking out your website and was going to give you a call to put our info up when I saw it already is up. Just out of curiousity, where did you get it?

After reviewing it, I noticed some of the info is incomplete or incorrect, so I've sent a few updates. First, the hotel may or may not be be a Hilton. I've attached an updated version of the hotel drawing without the Hilton flag. I may have a new drawing of the hotel shortly, at which time I will send to you. In the interim, please replace the Hilton drawing with this one and remove the reference to the hotel being a Hilton. In addition, the renderings are preliminary, so we'd like to take those down. If possible, I'd like to lead with the hotel drawing and then the site plan. Finally, here is how the details of the project should read:

Description:

Start Date: April 2005

End Date: 2010

Height (of the condo-hotel): 140 ft. (if you don't want to do just the hotel, then you can leave these blank)

Floors (of the condo-hotel): 14

Details:

- 4.28+- development site located at SW Intersection of Colonial Drive and I-4

- First phase is the renovation of a 276 bay hotel and conversion to a condo-hotel

- Will be followed by three phases of residential and mixed use retail and office development.

- 1,400+ residential units

- 70,000 square feet of retail space

Please make these changes when you have the chance and let me know if you have any comments or questions.

Thanks,

Steve

RHS Developments has Updated their Website to Include the Picture on the three large towers and this description

"Orlando City Place is a 4.28 acre development site located in an Enterprise Zone in Downtown Orlando. This exciting new development will include four separate phases. The first phase will be the renovation of the 14 story hotel on the grounds into a condo-hotel with over 285 bays. The following three phases will include the development of over 1400 residential units and over 50,000 square feet of retail space on the site. Its location on I-4 makes Orlando City Place a centralized location with quick access to all the major areas in Orlando. Orlando City Place

^ Interesting.  RHS shows both the site plan with the big yet shorter 30 stories; and the Sweet Mother of God (SMOG) picture with the 40+ stories.  Who knows?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They also removed the Hilton logo from the rendering of the renovated Holiday Inn.

They probably got the SMOG rendering from UPSDAN's orlandoskyscraper.com website.  It has the same fold crease in the rendering as the copy that Steve-o's original posting.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Uh-oh. That doesn't exactly send the confidence soaring.

They probably got the SMOG rendering from UPSDAN's orlandoskyscraper.com website.  It has the same fold crease in the rendering as the copy that Steve-o's original posting.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Haha..that's pretty ghetto.

RHS Developments has Updated their Website to Include the Picture on the three large towers and this description

"Orlando City Place is a 4.28 acre development site located in an Enterprise Zone in Downtown Orlando. This exciting new development will include four separate phases. The first phase will be the renovation of the 14 story hotel on the grounds into a condo-hotel with over 285 bays. The following three phases will include the development of over 1400 residential units and over 50,000 square feet of retail space on the site. Its location on I-4 makes Orlando City Place a centralized location with quick access to all the major areas in Orlando. Orlando City Place

Archived