Orlando City Place

Jaybee

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dig the redesign, but for the life of me, I can't understand WHY they refuse to demolish Orlando's version of Miami's "Bays Inn" and now design its twin just to the south with stupid little corner pyramids on it?

Great creaseless photo.

I'll reserve my excitement until I see a hundred cement trucks and several cranes on site.

I like it. Remember, its only a massing model but it will be more detailed later. It does remind me of Gotham City. They should have added the Bat signal in the background or a crease down the middle. The density is pretty cool though. Now if you had that density all over downtown it would feel like Manhattan. They need to add a Jumbotron so you could look at something while you are in gridlock on I4.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Flipping throught the new OBJ just now and came across a full page (pg. 8) ad for Orlando City Place.  There's a website, although it is just a signup page for more information.  It does have a new rendering though, which is what is in the OBJ...... no crease.

OCP.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Little late, this was originally listed in the CBJ about 2 weeks ago.

• 3 weeks later...

The Holiday Inn, now a part of the Orlando CityPlace LLC group, will be undergoing a $25 million renovation to become Downtown Orlando's first condo hotel. The building will be renamed The Lexington and will include 228 studio, one- and two- bedroom suites starting at $179,900. "We're working closely with the city of Orlando on what we all feel will be a terrific gateway into a transforming Parramore community," says George Kalivretenos, a partner in Orlando CityPlace, on the mixed-use residential and commercial project as a whole.

Read the Orlando Business Journal Article

The Holiday Inn, now a part of the Orlando CityPlace LLC group, will be undergoing a $25 million renovation to become Downtown Orlando's first condo hotel. The building will be renamed The Lexington and will include 228 studio, one- and two- bedroom suites starting at $179,900. "We're working closely with the city of Orlando on what we all feel will be a terrific gateway into a transforming Parramore community," says George Kalivretenos, a partner in Orlando CityPlace, on the mixed-use residential and commercial project as a whole.

Read the Orlando Business Journal Article

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what exactly is a condo hotel?

what exactly is a condo hotel?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Kind of like timeshares, but not exactly. Usually, individuals or investors own units in the hotel, which they can then rent out as they see fit. Any income generated from renting out units is split between the owner of the unit and the hotel company that manages the property. And of course, the owners of a unit(s) can use them at their leisure as well.

Archived