Pendleton Street [between West End and West Greenville]

vicupstate

I thought this area deserved it's own thread since it is distinct from both West End and West Greenville. 

The DEW building is on a list of surplus state properties. This parcel is including in the overall rezoning now underway.  Perhaps now is the time for a Master Plan specific to this area. A road diet would seem a distinct possibility here as well. 

State to sell 8 buildings

4 hours ago, vicupstate said:

I thought this area deserved it's own thread since it is distinct from both West End and West Greenville. 

The DEW building is on a list of surplus state properties. This parcel is including in the overall rezoning now underway.  Perhaps now is the time for a Master Plan specific to this area. A road diet would seem a distinct possibility here as well. 

State to sell 8 buildings

From what I have been told in the past, DOT has been against a road diet on this section. Don't know why since I have never seen enough traffic on it...

28 minutes ago, MAJIKMAN said:

It's because of rush hour traffic. Traffic from Main and Vardry dump onto it, as well as everything from the Easley Bridge and Academy side. And beause of that early morning and late afternoon traffic. I can see why. But throughout the rest of the day. You could stroll across it. 

I live a couple blocks off Pendleton and take it to work every morning, and I don't think it's ever enough traffic where two lanes wouldn't work fine.   It does get busier, but never to the point that four lanes seems needed.  Vardry in front of Greenville HS is arguably much busier in the morning when school is in, and two lanes seems to work fine.  

At one point earlier this year, there were traffic counters installed on Pendleton.   Perhaps somewhat was evalutaing what is needed.  

Edited by chuckyvt

• 2 months later...

I received a notice that there will be a three lot subdivision constructed at 114 S Calhoun Street.  It's scheduled to go in front of the Planning Commission's March meeting.  Perhaps one more vacat lot down.  

Hopefully with continued density added to that area, we could eventually see some interesting projects develop along Pendleton Street.  

I'm getting unsolicited requests to buy my properties down there. I definitely have no intention of selling but it's interesting to have people coming up to me that I don't know to request purchasing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's starting to heat up and there is nothing for sale down there anymore at any price for the most part.

It's the most walkable neighborhood to main street there is. If you live in North Main you have to go multiple blocks if you live off of Cleveland same thing. In the West End you can walk out of your house and be right on Main Street easily. Once the rest of the neighborhood finishes getting fixed up it's going to be a very hot place to be. In fact my properties are probably going to be a major part of my retirement. If West Greenville can become a little mini Asheville that's really going to be the icing on the cake to be right between that and the rest of downtown.

• Like 1

I have a friend that owns a rental house behind a dollar store on Pendleton St. He has received several notices of zoning changes for the purpose of building a mid rise hotel, or two.  Anyone else hearing this? He said that area is getting ready to take off big time. 

32 minutes ago, gman said:

I have a friend that owns a rental house behind a dollar store on Pendleton St. He has received several notices of zoning changes for the purpose of building a mid rise hotel, or two.  Anyone else hearing this? He said that area is getting ready to take off big time. 

Dollar General or Family Dollar?  Family Dollar would make sense.  There is no DG on Pendleton

• 7 months later...

I've always thought that spot would be ideal for a townhome development, and thats exactly what they have proposed.   The two homes in the back look like two too many for this lot, and better used as common space.  But regardless, should be a nice improvement over the rundown office building that is there now.  

Edited by chuckyvt