Pendleton Street [between West End and West Greenville]

vicupstate

14 minutes ago, Cityplanner said:

The Trehel/Cargo/SunTrust building is a very nice-looking building.

Now why do we still have the Daniel Building and some other eyesores around, when buildings as nice as the Trehel one are being done these days (whether remodeled or newly built)?

It is the tallest building in the city and some on here would jump off of it, if we lost a skyscraper without replacing it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2021 at 4:54 PM, vicupstate said:

Wharton Townhouses

801 Pendleton

Seems like there should be a way to easily get a 5th unit in here.   

I had always hoped that this little building would be redeveloped similar to the Universal Joint on Stone or with a volleyball court out back like Irish Pub on Pleasantburg. So much potential but... more townhomes. Great.

18 hours ago, Joey_Blackdogg said:

I had always hoped that this little building would be redeveloped similar to the Universal Joint on Stone or with a volleyball court out back like Irish Pub on Pleasantburg. So much potential but... more townhomes. Great.

it sits across the street from a substance recovery halfway house. So I'm thinking alcohol wouldn't fly.

On 8/18/2021 at 11:19 AM, transplant08 said:

it sits across the street from a substance recovery halfway house. So I'm thinking alcohol wouldn't fly.

The halfway house received a zoning exception that most of the neighborhood opposed.   That, and it already being zoned redevelopment district, i don’t think they would have much of a leg to stand on.  

On 8/4/2021 at 4:54 PM, vicupstate said:

Wharton Townhouses

801 Pendleton

Seems like there should be a way to easily get a 5th unit in here.   

The lady that owns this lot and is doing the development is a long time resident of the neighborhood.   She reduced the number of townhomes based on the typical density complaints from the Sterling neighborhood association.   I think she’s leaving quite a bit of money on the table, but obviously not my call.  

On 8/17/2021 at 4:48 PM, Joey_Blackdogg said:

I 100% agree.  I was really hoping for something like that.   However the renovation costs, plus lack of parking, it may never have worked.  

7 minutes ago, chuckyvt said:

The halfway house received a zoning exception that most of the neighborhood opposed.   That, and it already being zoned redevelopment district, i don’t think they would have much of a leg to stand on.  

The lady that owns this lot and is doing the development is a long time resident of the neighborhood.   She reduced the number of townhomes based on the typical density complaints from the Sterling neighborhood association.   I think she’s leaving quite a bit of money on the table, but obviously not my call.  

This is West End neighborhood, not Sterling.

15 hours ago, chuckyvt said:

there was vocal opposition, but i wouldn't say it was the majority.  Regardless, if someone tried to put a bar in that spot, there would be a fight.

I've seen drive-thru configurations like this in mixed use buildings in other areas of the country and I feel like it's worked well with the right tenant. That being said... any guesses?

the proposed tenant that requires a drive through is a local coffee shop. The drive through is crucial to the success of their business and in the wake of the pandemic, it has become more important to have the ability to provide customers with a minimal touch experience. The coffee shop serves approximately 10 drive through customers per hour at their other location.

I believe Bridge City Coffee has a drive through. Who else?

37 minutes ago, NewlyUpstate said:

I've seen drive-thru configurations like this in mixed use buildings in other areas of the country and I feel like it's worked well with the right tenant. That being said... any guesses?

I believe Bridge City Coffee has a drive through. Who else?

Liquid Highway? They are fully drive through though.