Pendleton Street [between West End and West Greenville]

vicupstate

2 minutes ago, vicupstate said:

It had been EXACTLY that, for many decades and languished. C3 is about as unrestricted as it gets other than no zoning at all. The ONLY time the area has improved over the last 50-60 years has been when the city has invested and regulated it more strongly than 'whatever the market wants'.     

Believe it or not, developers actually like the protections that STANDARDS provide.  That is why AFTER the RDV rezoning occurred, so did new development.  You really just do not see the forest for the trees on this. 

Your forest is our desert.You are the one that doesn't understand. There is no possibility of growth for us,our use is grandfathered.If our property is unoccupied for any reason,including fire,natural catastrophe,etc. for more than six months our exemption goes away.That means our property would not be in compliance and therefore would not be able to operate as intended and designed to be.

11 minutes ago, Dino C Hassiotis said:

Your forest is our desert.You are the one that doesn't understand. There is no possibility of growth for us,our use is grandfathered.If our property is unoccupied for any reason,including fire,natural catastrophe,etc. for more than six months our exemption goes away.That means our property would not be in compliance and therefore would not be able to operate as intended and designed to be.

The funny thing is that you truly believe that the way your site is developed (out dated for today's emerging Pendleton Street corridor and the expansion of our urban footprint), is  timeless. I can only imagine what downtown Greenville would look like if you had made the decisions for the last 50 years. Oh wait, here's a visual:

Downtown Reborn

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dino C Hassiotis said:

It is ONLY the drive-thru that  is at stake, not its use as a restaurant.  There is also no restriction on reserving 'take out' parking spaces, which given newer technology makes an actual 'window' less necessary.  Under construction or under reconstruction is not unoccupied.  Regardless of the current use of the building, the property as a whole is more valuable because of the influx of nearby investment, that only occurred in the wake of the rezoning.  Whatever potential loss of value that MIGHT ever occur, would be more than outweighed by that increase in value.    You are ONLY looking a POTENTIAL downside, while giving no credit to the upside that has already occurred.    

You are confining yourself to the property as it has always been, not what it COULD BE for either you or a potential buyer/renter.  Look at what the Trehel  building is NOW, compared to what it use to be, a vacant one story building.    

• Like 2

The Trehel building is zoned C3,that's our former zoning classification.Special interests had it removed from RDV and other special interests had themselves added to RDV.Let the city explain how and why those special interests got what they asked for and why our interest was totally ignored.Or should we say let them explain it to a judge in front of a jury.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dino C Hassiotis said:

Building  faces Pendleton St.,address is Pendleton St .Therefore it's on Pendleton St.

True, but not irrelevant to the point.  It borders two streets, not one.  That  second street has exponentially more traffic and more visibility than Pendleton, and thus more value but also different conditions.

• 2 weeks later...

https://upstatebusinessjournal.com/square-feet/charlotte-nc-based-beauxwright-llc-purchases-pendleton-west-in-greenville-sc/

Do they have these facts right about "Brixton Hall"? Is that what is proposed for the former Citgo site? I don't recall a boutique hotel concept, but I think we've seen very little to date (maybe planning commission?). 

12 minutes ago, GvilleSC said:

https://upstatebusinessjournal.com/square-feet/charlotte-nc-based-beauxwright-llc-purchases-pendleton-west-in-greenville-sc/

Do they have these facts right about "Brixton Hall"? Is that what is proposed for the former Citgo site? I don't recall a boutique hotel concept, but I think we've seen very little to date (maybe planning commission?). 

I thought it was going to be condos

10 hours ago, GvilleSC said:

I thought it was to be apartments with street level retail. The plans must have changed. 

8 minutes ago, Dino C Hassiotis said:

We are fortunate to live here indeed,but not because of the city of Greenville and it's fine administration.Unfortunately .

Actually, the city is the only thing that has moved this area forward for the last 30 years. Your problem is you don't know a good thing when you have it. 

12 hours ago, Dino C Hassiotis said:

52 space parking lot.Seems like another good reason for leaving Pendleton St as is,four lanes.

Odd hill to continually defend here IMO. I personally have some sympathy to your zoning concerns, but Pendleton St.  is an urban Wade Hampton with virtually  nothing of size on it, nor traffic. The road is four lanes for all of four blocks, thats all. it narrows to two lanes on either side. Unless Pendleton is widened to the West Village, its a useless four lane road. And the intersection at 123 needs to be reworked anyway.

If Main St.  can thrive with two lanes, so can Pendleton.

• Like 2

There's so many useless 4 lane roads in Greenville that need to be "road dieted" down to 2 as soon as possible. I'm hoping the Augusta Street "trial" results in good information to start pulling the trigger.  As we saw there, the city can make this sort of change overnight if they wanted to in order to test traffic patterns.

Pendleton Street and Cleveland St by the YMCA are the most egregious, in my opinion. 

• Like 1