Pendleton Street [between West End and West Greenville]

vicupstate

On 10/4/2022 at 8:46 PM, vicupstate said:

The vacant lot at Mallard and Pendleton (west side) next to the two story office building will finally be developed after laying fallow for 15+ years.  There is an existing parking lot accessed from Arlington that is behind the office building.  That lot will serve this project also. 

35,505 SF

71 parking spaces including the 55 space existing lot.  Single lane access will be added to connect to Mallard

4 Ground level commercial Units that  will be for sale  (all facing Pendleton). Residential flats above. 

20 Residential units that will be for sale.  Most will be townhouses. 

Three separate 3-story buildings  

Pedestrian walkway between two of the buildings and a small plaza area in the rear at the parking lot.

Brick and Cementous material exterior with metal accents and balconies.  

The project will go to the Planning Commission in November. 

image.png.323935315b1b75ade5fb7d3e95fef30e.png

SIte plan is good but I wish the developer would go back to the original architecture. 

Pendleton at Mallard

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, gman430 said:

What happened to the condo project for the old Citgo site? 

It was apartments I believe.  I think the same people that are doing that project are doing the one across Mallard Street. Perhaps they are doing that one first. They also bought the quadplex at Anderson and Arlington in the same block as Citgo. 

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, vicupstate said:

515 Pendleton St Drive-thru  

I thought this had already been approved. Maybe that was a different board or it expired. 

If you read the intro, looks like it's a good will gesture by the developer to resubmit with the pending new development code

Edited by NewlyUpstate

On 2/22/2023 at 7:00 PM, NewlyUpstate said:

If you read the intro, looks like it's a good will gesture by the developer to resubmit with the pending new development code

I do not see any provisions for a special exemption in the new zoning proposal for drive thru restaurants.You can not grandfather a use that does not currently physically exist 

Edited by Dino C Hassiotis
Addition

3 hours ago, Dino C Hassiotis said:

I do not see any provisions for a special exemption in the new zoning proposal for drive thru restaurants.You can not grandfather a use that does not currently physically exist 

Do you know this for certain?  Would that mean all projects that have been approved by zoning, planning, or city council must be completely re-approved after institution of the new development code?

I feel like this is not the case and that any approvals are locked in (or grandfathered in) upon approval, not upon project completion. 

This was the purpose behind the proposed Development Moratorium while the new Development Code was in progress.. this was rejected by council.

ya city was caught off guard, didn't realize what an uproar that would be until they had an informational session and a bunch of brokers and restaurants showed up to show their displeasure.   I expect while the new change may allow them the design guidelines may make it hard to fit them in new developments.  Biggest issue was making sure existing locations were going to be able to keep them through future renovations.

4 hours ago, btoy said:

ya city was caught off guard, didn't realize what an uproar that would be until they had an informational session and a bunch of brokers and restaurants showed up to show their displeasure.   I expect while the new change may allow them the design guidelines may make it hard to fit them in new developments.  Biggest issue was making sure existing locations were going to be able to keep them through future renovations.

Special exceptions have been added to a zoning code that has not passed.The city should have considered these concerns before the 2040 plan was drafted.There are two reasons for this revision.Primarily to allow those who received special exceptions under RDV  to continue with their future use,and only secondary for drive through restaurants.Grandfather will still go away after 6 months for any reason.Natural Disaster,Fire,Vacancy, and remodel could all trigger this.Special Exceptions are not guaranteed even to those who have had a  vested interest for decades. It would be preferable to have a code that allowed these reasonable expectations to continue a use by right rather than special exceptions.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, vicupstate said:

A townhouse project was approved for the corner of Pendleton and S. Calhoun St several months back. I can't seem to find the land subdivision plans which the PC approved. Regardless, the site has been cleared. 

I want to say it was five townhomes?  I kept hoping that somehow someone would come in and purchase that property to turn that old gas station into something like the universal joint.   Obviously that didn't happen.  

Edited by chuckyvt

13 hours ago, vicupstate said:

A townhouse project was approved for the corner of Pendleton and S. Calhoun St several months back. I can't seem to find the land subdivision plans which the PC approved. Regardless, the site has been cleared. 

They’ll probably just put grass seed on the site and let sit empty for years before putting the site back up for sale. That’s how it works in Greenville. Just look at the Avant, Kimpton, and Gateway sites if you don’t believe me. And whatever happened to that Mosaic project on Academy Street? They finally give up too? 

Edited by gman430
  • Like 1

On 5/27/2023 at 8:42 PM, chuckyvt said:

I want to say it was five townhomes?  I kept hoping that somehow someone would come in and purchase that property to turn that old gas station into something like the universal joint.   Obviously that didn't happen.  

The most likely spot for a place like the Universal Joint would be the old Nicks car wash.If I'm not mistaken the same person owns both.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

112 Anderson Street sold on 6/12/23 for $600,000. The new owner is the same developer from Charlotte that owns the old Citgo property, and that bought 200 Anderson St. for $625k last December.  I have to wonder if the United Ministries building is going to be their next acquisition. Inquiring minds want to know.