Pendleton Street [between West End and West Greenville]

vicupstate

On 11/6/2017 at 8:28 AM, gvegascple said:

Not sure if someone posted this yet or not, the old yellow house on the corner of Perry by the previous Zanti Yoga location has been torn down and the lot subdivided with three homes for sale squeezed in.  Running from 595K and up too.  The houses have to take up every square inch of land in order to get three to fit.

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/16-Perry-Ave-3_Greenville_SC_29601_M69979-83581#photo4

I know this area is starting to be revitalized but $695,000 to live here is beyond ridiculous. There are homes less than a block from there that aren’t even valued at a third or even fourth of that price. 

Edited by gman430

• 1 month later...

There are five SFHs on Perry Ave. behind the Workforce department building. There is also a 1 acre triangular parcel behind the houses that has a 20' access to Perry Ave..  On 7/19/17  all of these properties were transferred to a new owner of record. They transferred from the  Housing Authority to Gah Scatterred Sites LLC. On the triangular parcel it says 'Reserved For Future Park' in the Legal Description.  

Anyone know anything?

On 12/25/2017 at 10:46 AM, vicupstate said:

There are five SFHs on Perry Ave. behind the Workforce department building. There is also a 1 acre triangular parcel behind the houses that has a 20' access to Perry Ave..  On 7/19/17  all of these properties were transferred to a new owner of record. They transferred from the  Housing Authority to Gah Scatterred Sites LLC. On the triangular parcel it says 'Reserved For Future Park' in the Legal Description.  

Anyone know anything?

Dont know anything here,  I have often thought that it was a waste to have those 5 tiny single family homes on those lots with how much property is worth now over there.   There is a line of heavy brush behind those homes if I remember right that I think blocks an otherwise pretty decent view out to Paris Mtn if it was cleaned up (maybe).

• 2 months later...
20 hours ago, vicupstate said:

The .64 acre parcel at Arlington and Leach St that had a TH project approved last year has been sold. It sold on 2/23/17 for $400 k to Arlington Green LLC. 

Wasn't Mark Thoennes the developer for that lot where the old office building was demolished? I wonder if this sale has anything to do with MT having trouble selling the gigantic town homes they built near Academy on Leach (see below). I thought their design was a little out of bed with the rest of the neighbor and development going on along Perry Ave. 

Image may contain: house, sky, tree and outdoor

Not surprising if he is having trouble selling them. Some of these homes they’re building or renovating for sale in the West End off of Pendleton Street are wayyy overpriced. Don’t even get me started on this one: http://www.quinnsatterfield.com/community/25/312-anderson-street-greenville-sc-29601 $450,000+...crazy. 

Edited by gman430

2 hours ago, Joey_Blackdogg said:

Wasn't Mark Thoennes the developer for that lot where the old office building was demolished? I wonder if this sale has anything to do with MT having trouble selling the gigantic town homes they built near Academy on Leach (see below). I thought their design was a little out of bed with the rest of the neighbor and development going on along Perry Ave. 

Image may contain: house, sky, tree and outdoor

He owns these units but to be fair, they haven't been completed that long.  An LLC owns the Arlington at Leach site when that project got approved. I got the impression that Thoeness was the builder but not necessarily the developer/owner of that project. I am not sure though.  Regardless, the Arlington at Leach project was never marketed. 

1 hour ago, gman430 said:

Not surprising if he is having trouble selling them. Some of these homes they’re building or renovating for sale in the West End off of Pendleton Street are wayyy overpriced. Don’t even get me started on this one: http://www.quinnsatterfield.com/community/25/312-anderson-street-greenville-sc-29601 $450,000+...crazy. 

The house next to it at 310 Anderson sold for $459 k.    

314 Anderson st. that is now under construction is also already sold. The buyer bought the lot, so I don't know the total price they are paying. Of 5 lots, two are sold one is under construction. 

14 Meminger St. sold for $410 recently. It is not new construction but a renovation.  On the other end of Perry there have been multiple sales from the $500's to the high 700's.     

• Like 1

On 3/8/2018 at 11:28 AM, vicupstate said:

The .64 acre parcel at Arlington and Leach St that had a TH project approved last year has been sold. It sold on 2/23/17 for $400 k to Arlington Green LLC. 

Four building permits were issued to Mark Thoennes on 3/7/18 for this location. Each one is for 3,137 SF and $349k.  

Edit: Two are for 2,999Sf and two for 3,137SF. Same value for all four though.

• Like 1

I was the one that sold 14 S. Memminger. We bought it for 160 4 years ago and really just did paint and put up a fence door. If the people that bought do serious renovations I think they could get seven or 800 with the size of the lot. You can’t buy a lot that big back there anymore. I’m so glad I bought in that area years ago. You can’t get in anymore for a good price really unless you have a lot of money to spend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 3/15/2018 at 10:01 AM, vicupstate said:

Four building permits were issued to Mark Thoennes on 3/7/18 for this location. Each one is for 3,137 SF and $349k.  

Edit: Two are for 2,999Sf and two for 3,137SF. Same value for all four though.

Excavation work has started.  

• Like 1

Driving home from work yesterday I noticed a construction dumpster has been placed in front of 12 S. Calhoun St. The dumpster had an "Asbestos" warning on the side. It looks like the deed was transferred from Abiding Workspaces, LLC to "12 S. Calhoun St, LLC" on March 26, 2018. The land use is currently listed as 940 (General Warehouse).

Anyone have any insight as to what might be going on with this property? Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/7/2018 at 9:20 PM, vicupstate said:

I was incorrect. This applicantion WILL be heard at the JUNE meeting. 

This has been withdrawn. However, the rezoning was not a requirement to build the restaurant.  They MAY be proceeding without it. If so, a conditional sue permit is required. 

• 1 month later...