Pendleton Street [between West End and West Greenville]

vicupstate

9 minutes ago, Joey_Blackdogg said:

With a view out your front window of the horribly manicured and much neglected Free Clinic. Maybe they know something we don't. I doubt it. But maybe.

Maybe they know some poeple with way too much money will pay exorbitant amounts of money for the new latest and greatest. I have been continuously amazed at both asking prices and how quickly units are filled, with new downtown developments over the past decade, but they keep getting built and filled. 

I really don't care for the white brick on these, but otherwise I think these are great looking units. 

As for being in the hood, that doesn't seem to matter when you are talking about a quickly gentrifying area. 

Like others have mentioned, every time I think something is overpriced, I turn out to be wrong.  

Considering the way RE has appreciated lately, it makes a lot of sense to buy in a hot area. You get a good return, and you get to live in your investment. Of course, it is probably a bubble that will burst at some point.  We could be in 2007 right now. 

1 hour ago, Joey_Blackdogg said:

With a view out your front window of the horribly manicured and much neglected Free Clinic. Maybe they know something we don't. I doubt it. But maybe.

Maybe, but I still hope it gets built.  I like the description:

"A historic brownstone inspired 10 unit townhome community.....Modern architecture and design combine timeless brick exterior, floor to ceiling aluminum windows....

23 minutes ago, Gville29601 said:

"A historic brownstone inspired 10 unit townhome community.....Modern architecture and design combine timeless brick exterior, floor to ceiling aluminum windows....

It is under construction now, and it is going up pretty fast.

3 hours ago, vicupstate said:

It is under construction now, and it is going up pretty fast.

That's always a sign of good quality construction, right?  These buildings actually have some decent looking design details that would stand out a lot better if almost everything wasn't stark white.  

21 hours ago, Gville29601 said:

18 hours ago, motonenterprises said:

They know it's not going to stay that way. Gentrification.

It wasn't a complaint. I live on the block and anything is better than what was there before. I'm just worried as there are several town home units at that price point (or less) that have been on the market for a while now in our area and have not sold. I hope they do sell and I like most of the design details as well. New owners on our street could help drive some more upkeep of other public spaces (like the Clinic), etc. so that is exciting.

2 hours ago, Joey_Blackdogg said:

It wasn't a complaint. I live on the block and anything is better than what was there before. I'm just worried as there are several town home units at that price point (or less) that have been on the market for a while now in our area and have not sold. I hope they do sell and I like most of the design details as well. New owners on our street could help drive some more upkeep of other public spaces (like the Clinic), etc. so that is exciting.

Okay. I see. I think as downtown continues to fill in those will sell. I guess time will tell.

1 hour ago, vicupstate said:

The only units that have sat in that area that I know of are the 2 units in the single building across from Montessori school.  SFHs have certainly moved well.  

There are some units still available at the 2nd phase of West End Walk along Mallard, not all the homes being built (or crammed in) by Carolina Crafted along Griffin St. have sold, and there are 2 more units going up on Perry around the corner from the unsold units you mentioned on Leach. Those, plus these "brownstones" andthe new units at 12 Calhoun add a lot of availability in the area. From a SFH standpoint, Carolina Crafted is building 5 more at the corner of Arlington and Sumner. Again, I'm definitely not complaining. I can't wait to have more neighbors and love the density. It just seems like the volume will have to drive down some of the luxury prices. Hopefully, once the shoe drops on a few, the rest go down quickly.

All but one of the 5 Griffin St. homes have sold.  12 Calhoun just went on the market. If you are referring to the duplex on Perry, it has not been listed and has no sign in front either. The Arlington & Sumner units are also not listed.   West End Walk has sold two of the four units. It hasn't been that long there either.   

19 hours ago, vicupstate said:

619 Arlington Ave.

Three lots just down from the white THs are listed now. $145,601 each

At the neighborhood meeting late last year, those lots were part of Carolina Crafted / Reid Hipp's plans to build 5 SFHs on the corner of Arlington and Sumner. Two are under construction now with walls going up; I wonder what happened to the plans for the other 3. Capital issues?

2 hours ago, Joey_Blackdogg said:

At the neighborhood meeting late last year, those lots were part of Carolina Crafted / Reid Hipp's plans to build 5 SFHs on the corner of Arlington and Sumner. Two are under construction now with walls going up; I wonder what happened to the plans for the other 3. Capital issues?

Hard to say. Reid Hipp has deep pockets. It may just be a way to solicit business from someone who has their own house plans and just looking for a lot. Of course, I'm sure CC would pitch their services as builder to them at that point.   

On 8/8/2018 at 10:35 AM, vicupstate said:

Hard to say. Reid Hipp has deep pockets. It may just be a way to solicit business from someone who has their own house plans and just looking for a lot. Of course, I'm sure CC would pitch their services as builder to them at that point.   

My wife and I checked out some the houses Reid built over there, not impressed with the build quality.  Feels like bare minimum all the way around. 

Two rezonings in this area were tabled tonight at Planning Commission. The broad 103 acre rezoning to mostly RDV and also the N/ Leach St. rezoning. the former was tabled after a hearing but the latter was by the applicant and no hearing was held.

The RDV rezoning will be taken up in Sept.  A number of business owners on Pendleton were opposed while residents were in support.

1 hour ago, vicupstate said:

Two rezonings in this area were tabled tonight at Planning Commission. The broad 103 acre rezoning to mostly RDV and also the N/ Leach St. rezoning. the former was tabled after a hearing but the latter was by the applicant and no hearing was held.

The RDV rezoning will be taken up in Sept.  A number of business owners on Pendleton were opposed while residents were in support.

What's the significance of the RDV rezoning? Why are businesses opposed?