Pendleton Street [between West End and West Greenville]

vicupstate

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I would hate the white painted brick, but it really brings a sense of cleanliness to the street and neighborhood. The mix of high end and government housing on Arlington seems to be pretty unique for the city so far.

Anyone have any info on the number of units that are sold, pending or available here?

50 minutes ago, Joey_Blackdogg said:

I thought I would hate the white painted brick, but it really brings a sense of cleanliness to the street and neighborhood. The mix of high end and government housing on Arlington seems to be pretty unique for the city so far.

Anyone have any info on the number of units that are sold, pending or available here?

10 units available. Two under contract. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/14/2019 at 9:45 AM, chuckyvt said:

My wife is involved in the Sterling community association, and they were told the Burger King at Pendleton/Academy intersection is back on.   Supposedly they redesigned the site to fit in the smaller Bank of America lot already zoned Commercial.   

That backs right up to residential, not sure how they get away with 24 hour drive through in that spot, extended hours or how BK in general gets away with that smoke stack they use to push their smoke and burger smell into the communities without it being a nuisance to the community on multiple fronts.  I have heard of excessive heavy smoke output from these type of restaurants proven to be health/air quality hazards.   I put them in the same category as a factory with that stuff.  

Edited by gvegascple
spelling

1 hour ago, gvegascple said:

That backs right up to residential, not sure how they get away with 24 hour drive through in that spot, extended hours or how BK in general gets away with that smoke stack they use to push their smoke and burger smell into the communities without it being a nuisance to the community on multiple fronts.  I have heard of excessive heavy smoke output from these type of restaurants proven to be health/air quality hazards.   I put them in the same category as a factory with that stuff.  

The smoke from a BK smells good, about the same as a neighbor cooking out using a real charcoal grill. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ausrutherford said:

Yea...but now they are making fake meat burgers...

And, those burgers are awesome! Had one for lunch today. My wife still eats meat every now and again. She could not tell any difference between the real meat and the Impossible meat. Quite frankly, I’m still hoping it’s really was fake meat. Real meat would put me in the grave. By the way, Beyond Meat is good too. 

Edited by gman
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, gman said:

And, those burgers are awesome! Had one for lunch today. My wife still eats meat every now and again. She could not tell any difference between the real meat and the Impossible meat. Quite frankly, I’m still hoping it’s really was fake meat. Real meat would put me in the grave. By the way, Beyond Meat is good too. 

image.png.783f1d43dc1766320a21df2635269610.png

• Haha 3

On 8/22/2019 at 2:31 PM, ausrutherford said:

Yea...but now they are making fake meat burgers...

I haven't eaten meat in eight years.  Burger King has been selling Morning Star Farms veggie burgers for years, but you can get those at your local grocer.  The Impossible Whoppers are great!

On 8/21/2019 at 5:44 PM, gman said:

The smoke from a BK smells good, about the same as a neighbor cooking out using a real charcoal grill. 

what if your neighbors grill was 20 feet long and was cranking out 200 burgers an hour from 11am to 11 pm?  That smell might get old pretty quick, not to mention breathing in the smoke.

On 9/5/2019 at 7:32 PM, vicupstate said:

Tonight,  the DRB formally requested that city staff investigate the various means to put more design control over Pendleton Street from West End to the Village.  Staff will need a couple of months but will report back to the board with options. 

YES THIS.  Desperately needed.  This street shouldnt be zoned like a 24-hour gas station at a lonely cross street off of I26.  There is residential all over the place and Its the connective in-fill between downtown and the next areas identified as growth hubs.  

Edited by gvegascple
clarity