The Coffee House Thread About Actual Coffee Houses (in the CBD)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/11/2018 at 5:56 PM, spenser1058 said:

It seems we get a skosh of actual retail as part of this Java Lava replacement - always a good thing:

https://m.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/archives/2018/02/11/craft-and-common-to-bring-coffee-and-home-decor-downtown

From Orlando Weekly 

Found another article about the place in another DTO publication. Says the place will open in September.

Had a rendering included, but it looks kind of slapped together...

301282g.jpg

Don't know if it is reflective of what the actual facade will look like.

Sounds like the type of retail everyone has been looking for, though.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JFW657 said:

Found another article about the place in another DTO publication. Says the place will open in September.

Had a rendering included, but it looks kind of slapped together...

301282g.jpg

Don't know if it is reflective of what the actual facade will look like.

Sounds like the type of retail everyone has been looking for, though.

Really nice facade. Risky location perhaps, although with multiple other planned projects in the viscinity this could do well.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

1 - Craft and Common has been doing really well in the old java lava space.   The surreal thing for me is it’s mostly non workers during work hours.   As if UCF had already opened.  Also, it doesn’t feel like the half furniture store that it sounded like when announced.   Just a nice clean spot.    

2 - I walk by the nearly finished deeply coffee place in One Eleven/Aspire.   I hope it works out for them but it doesn’t have the same new fresh feel that places like Foxtail and Craft and Common do.   

3 - While Starbucks made a mistake by asking police to remove  some customers who hadn’t yet ordered...I think they got it wrong with the no purchase necessary approach.   I really do like Starbucks but I’m just about over the homeless situation in the locations at SoDo, Colonial Plaza and Thornton Park.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

CFS Coffee has opened their DTO location on Church Street (apparently with an updated name).

I stopped into their Hannibal Square location a few times and was always impressed by the service and quality of the coffee.

Is this where the Flame Broiler used to be?

https://bungalower.com/2018/10/03/cafe-frutos-selectos-now-open-on-church-street/