The Coffee House Thread About Actual Coffee Houses (in the CBD)

On 10/3/2018 at 12:43 PM, mdeancherry said:

I remember a  Barnie's in DPC (but this was maybe two years ago).  It looked like it was an event-only thing (unless there are enough building employees to support it?). It seemed like it would be weird to wander in there off the street just for coffee since it was upstairs.

Yes - Barnie's was a concessionaire running the coffee service for DPAC performances. Foxtail has since stepped in. In any case, not a full coffee shop, nor open to the public. 

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 1:34 PM, prahaboheme said:

Really nice facade. Risky location perhaps, although with multiple other planned projects in the viscinity this could do well.

Actual façade is not nearly as nice a rendering. A huge letdown IMO...

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 10:28 AM, JFW657 said:

Found another article about the place in another DTO publication. Says the place will open in September.

Had a rendering included, but it looks kind of slapped together...

301282g.jpg

Don't know if it is reflective of what the actual facade will look like.

Sounds like the type of retail everyone has been looking for, though.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Two more coffee shops/package houses opened on the south side (south of Colonial).  

Easy Luck Coffee/ Whipporwill Package in the Almond Milk district. 

https://www.easyluckorlando.com/

and  Aardvark Beverages  (Fern Creek and Michigan) Reopened as a Package house, Deli, with Coffee service. You can drink off the taps there or buy a bottle/can and pay a corkage fee.  Aardvark also has a Farmer's Market on Tuesdays. 

https://www.facebook.com/aardvarkbeverages/

• 7 months later...

Wanna chase your (Fox)tail? Apparently, you’re going to get several more chances to do so as the chain has a lot more expansion this mind after the openings soon in College Park and Nona:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/os-cfb-foxtail-coffee-expanding-20190710-hcxji7rydfg5bcfv2rrxhdhkfe-story.html

From the Sentinel 

3 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

Wanna chase your (Fox)tail? Apparently, you’re going to get several more chances to do so as the chain has a lot more expansion this mind after the openings soon in College Park and Nona:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/os-cfb-foxtail-coffee-expanding-20190710-hcxji7rydfg5bcfv2rrxhdhkfe-story.html

From the Sentinel 

Would have been nice if the reporter had asked for an update on the SoDo one

• Like 3

20 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

From the Sentinel 

For those not behind the paywall, where?

Edited by HankStrong

12 hours ago, jgardnerucf said:

Notta good locale on orange. Needa drive thru. Battle for old sbux continues.

I don’t disagree though they thought it was a good idea at one point.   Do you think they’d have built it by now if the Starbucks location hadn’t  become available?

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Anyone hear about this?

Panera $8.99/Month Unlimited Coffee Subscription

March 8, 2020, 07:12 By Matt Arnold

Panera Bread has started an $8.99 monthly subscription for unlimited coffee and tea at restaurants nationwide.  The $8.99 a month fee gets you unlimited coffees and teas, including light, dark, hazelnut, decaf or iced. 

You’ll need to have a Panera Rewards account to sign up and have the Panera app to use the deal after you subscribe. 

https://www.eatdrinkdeals.com/panera-bread-specials-and-deals/

• Like 1

I really liked the Eola Dr location, it was a neutral meeting point to chill w/friends, meet w/Realtor, and I even met up for a date there once.  Panera was a good match for the space because it catered to ALL demographics and it was a big draw for people visiting Lake Eola, thus activating a somewhat awkward corner w/pedestrian activity. We had a pretty decent chain restaurant downtown that never really got the fanfare it deserved.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, nite owℓ said:

I really liked the Eola Dr location, it was a neutral meeting point to chill w/friends, meet w/Realtor, and I even met up for a date there once.  Panera was a good match for the space because it catered to ALL demographics and it was a big draw for people visiting Lake Eola, thus activating a somewhat awkward corner w/pedestrian activity. We had a pretty decent chain restaurant downtown that never really got the fanfare it deserved.

I did like sitting out on the patio there. I also liked the old building (while musing about the naughtiness that went on in the hostel days) instead of a standard issue square box. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted...

Of course, the best place for coffee downtown was the Woolworth’s Luncheonette watching the ceiling fans slowly turn (not to mention you got a real cup and paid a lot less than at the frou-frou places)!

Edited by spenser1058
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

Of course, the best place for coffee downtown was the Woolworth’s Luncheonette watching the ceiling fans slowly turn (not to mention you got a real cup and paid a lot less than at the frou-frou places)!

Says the person who lived in a Publix bubble and paid more for basic groceries for years :whistling:

mmm-hmmm! ;)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nite owℓ said:

Says the person who lived in a Publix bubble and paid more for basic groceries for years :whistling:

mmm-hmmm! ;)

Yep, but it’s Cheap Chic for me now. I’m in the Target Circle!

It does make me sad, though. We Floridians have so few things that are our own. Publix was part of being a native. 

Edited by spenser1058

The thing of it is that Publix was always a little more but worth it. After Albertsons left, it really changed. When Publix stole the “Your Total Savings were...” from Albertsons they started playing the idiotic pricing games and did less of the Value Club thing. Mr. George also died and it was like it would never be the same again *sigh*.

Now, once fresh is rolled out for Drive Up at Target this year, all I’ll buy at Publix will be seafood and Pub Subs....

Bullseye and I are best buds!

Edited by spenser1058