The Coffee House Thread About Actual Coffee Houses (in the CBD)

I must be referring to that food court - I remember the Hagan Das signage but that may have been one component.

Back to coffee - Credo opening another Downtown location in NORA alongside PopsicleBrandon and Farmacy in a shared space.  This replaces Coffee Culture as far as java goes in North Quarter

• 2 weeks later...

Those of us who long for a Starbucks on the north end of Orange have a semi-alternative in the coffee bar at DoveCote. I think it was crazy smart of the owners to carve out a space like this to serve the surrounding office crowd who can't get to the Starbucks at the Bohemian quickly and maybe aren't fans of DD coffee (myself included). Early opening hours and damn good pastries really round out the place.

Just checked it out this morning.   Walked over from LYNX at 7:55.  They were closed but opened promptly at 8.  Their website had 7 listed and the previous poster mentioned opening early so I'm not not what the norm will be.

My coffee and bacon cheddar muffin were great.   They also had cinnamon rolls, croissants and many other pastries.

Hopefully the word gets out.  It's adjacent to the Livingston/Orange LYMMO stop so  it's really convenient even if you work on the southern end of the CBD.   

image.jpeg

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

Bungalower has an update on a new coffee shop being planned inside City Arts Factory

http://bungalower.com/2017/05/08/new-coffee-shop-opening-city-arts-factory/

Really got to update the map...since we last discussed here:

- Panera closed

- Java Lava closed

- DoveCoat opened with coffee service and is a surprisingly loungable place 

- Credo opened in NQ

Edited by Jernigan
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Jernigan said:

Bungalower has an update on a new coffee shop being planned inside City Arts Factory

http://bungalower.com/2017/05/08/new-coffee-shop-opening-city-arts-factory/

Really got to update the map...since we last discussed here:

- Panera closed

- Java Lava closed

- DoveCoat opened with coffee service and is a surprisingly loungable place 

- Credo opened in NQ

I hope the folks at New General decide to open a Downtown Orlando location. I love that space. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, bulldogger said:

Brandon, where is your shop located again?

431 E Central 

Next to the Post Leasing office and the dry cleaner, across the street from Eola Wine.

Hopefully our ridiculously expensive grinder comes in this week so we can do our training downtown, instead of UCF but I'll keep everyone posted on when we are up and running. Our menu will nearly identically match our UCF location and will have bottled coffees and teas for those on the run to grab and go.

• Like 2

On 1/20/2016 at 10:11 AM, Jernigan said:

Since you mentioned transit options a I'd suggest LYMMO to Coffee Culture (get off on Marks just around corner) and to Starbucks in Thornton Park (get off at Central and Summerlin).   For that matter you can take it to Magnolia and Robinson for Java Lava.

Id probably opt to use Juice bike share to get to Drunken Monkey.

image.png

image1.PNG

coffee2017.png

Haha - I'm happy to fix that.   Wasn't sure how to handle that and dovecote/foxtail so I went with the beans.

i guess I might as well move Dunkin/Starbucks from Magnolia to Orange while I'm at it 

Edited by Jernigan
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Per @Mark Baratelli/The Daily City, Foxtail is going to open up shop in the One Orlando Centre building.

Quick moves by the new San Diego based firm that scooped up OOC, BoA and Citrus Center from Cousins.

They'll now have a Foxtail in two of their buildings but I would think a location at Citrus Center would violate Dunkin' Donuts contract 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2018 at 11:51 PM, Jernigan said:

Per @Mark Baratelli/The Daily City, Foxtail is going to open up shop in the One Orlando Centre building.

Quick moves by the new San Diego based firm that scooped up OOC, BoA and Citrus Center from Cousins.

They'll now have a Foxtail in two of their buildings but I would think a location at Citrus Center would violate Dunkin' Donuts contract 

Co-Founder Alex Tchekmeian neither confirmed nor denied the location, telling The Daily City, "At the moment, we cannot confirm that a Foxtail Coffee is going in the Wells Fargo building in the North Quarter. We will be announcing a few additional locations soon but none of which are in Wells Fargo."