The Coffee House Thread About Actual Coffee Houses (in the CBD)

20 hours ago, nite owℓ said:

I really liked the Eola Dr location, it was a neutral meeting point to chill w/friends, meet w/Realtor, and I even met up for a date there once.  Panera was a good match for the space because it catered to ALL demographics and it was a big draw for people visiting Lake Eola, thus activating a somewhat awkward corner w/pedestrian activity. We had a pretty decent chain restaurant downtown that never really got the fanfare it deserved.

That space is soon to be Persimmon Hollow Brewing and a "non-disclosed" local food entity.

21 hours ago, JFW657 said:

Anyone hear about this?

I signed up on day 1. While it is certainly not my fave coffee it is decent. I'm a fan of the healthy leaning food options also.

1 hour ago, AmIReal said:

That space is soon to be Persimmon Hollow Brewing and a "non-disclosed" local food entity.

I signed up on day 1. While it is certainly not my fave coffee it is decent. I'm a fan of the healthy leaning food options also.

If you buy coffee more than once or twice per week, it's a great deal.

Certainly for them too because they know it will increase food sales.

Gotta have that bagel or pastry or breakfast sandwich with your coffee, after all.

1 hour ago, AmIReal said:

Thanks. I remember hearing about a brewery moving in, but something like that wouldn't serve the same demographic IMO (I know parents bring their kids everywhere these days, but a brewery won't have the same draw as Panera). Plus Panera served breakfast, lunch and dinner. Those hours kept that corner of Lake Eola Park activated all day long. Panera moving away was a huge loss for the area and whatever takes its place will have big shoes to fill.

Edited by nite owℓ
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, nite owℓ said:

Thanks. I remember hearing about a brewery moving in, but something like that wouldn't serve the same demographic IMO (I know parents bring their kids everywhere these days, but a brewery won't have the same draw as Panera). Plus Panera served breakfast, lunch and dinner. Those hours kept that corner of Lake Eola Park activated all day long. Panera moving away was a huge loss for the area and whatever takes its place will have big shoes to fill.

Yeah the Panera was a great fit. I still can't believe its a brewery going in. They are not known for the pleasant odors they give off and hope they have a great exhaust system because that could kill your hotel business.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, popsiclebrandon said:

Yeah the Panera was a great fit. I still can't believe its a brewery going in. They are not known for the pleasant odors they give off and hope they have a great exhaust system because that could kill your hotel business.

Probably (& hopefully) won't last very long. 

• 4 months later...

I made it to the Robinson Coffee Room today.  Beautiful trendy build out.  I had a cortado and avocado toast as well as a juice.  The coffee was better than expected, but wasn't as good as C&C or Deeply.  The bread was great quality and the juice was nice.

Great addition downtown, worth checking out.

• Like 3

• 4 months later...