Places to visit in Chicago

ironchapman

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will be going to Chicago this summer.

Aside from the Sears Tower, Lincoln and Grant Parks, and the Navy Pier, is there any place I should visit?

I lived in Chicago for a few months and I too am going on vacation there next month. I would suggest the John Hancock if you're going to the observatory. I like the view much better from the Hancock than the Sears. Also take walks down Michigan Avenue and State Street to see some of the better known icons of the city. Take a walk by the river and by the boat docks in front of Grant Park as well. I used to spent a considerable amount of time at dusk by the docks, very peaceful. You might also want to visit the Field Museum and the Museum of Science and Industry (you'll have to take the green line L to get to that one). Wrigley Field is a short ride up the red line and would be worth the visit. While your in that area you can check out some of the town homes of the city, they're absolutely beautiful around there!

All those are great places. I loved Millenium park when i went. Although it isnt the largest park in the world i was there for hours taking pictures and enjoying the unique landscape. I would definitely recommend visiting the park.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Cabrini Green is a place people avoid in Chicago, notrious for its crime activity but is located just blocks from the aflluent condos. Cabrini Green was also the tv setting of a 1970s sitcom called "Good Times"

reds_big.jpg

Sugs.jpg

My last visit to Chicago was July of 1994. I was there becasue I participated in a national competition. Unfortunately I didnt get to really venture out in to the city like I wanted to becasue I stayed in a downtown hotel most of the time during the competition.

Archived