The Astoturfing of charlotte ;-)

elrodvt

• 2 months later...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if it's the same developer as Fritz Farm in Lexington, KY (below). They have the same completely stupid looking astroturf lawn there. It's like a weird parody of suburbia.

ttps://www.google.com/maps/@37.9769907,-84.5263927,3a,75y,177.5h,90.92t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sAF1QipPPVjbpYItdEs73guxXGrP50lPbFqmuXgWI61J9!2e10!3e11!7i10856!8i5428

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

All this talk of Astroturf got me to remember all the astroturf I saw out in El Paso TX at a new home community. It is popular there but it is a desert.

However bringing it back to Charlotte Classica Homes has a neighborhood in Cornelius where astroturf  is an option for the small sized lots and most people are choosing the option!   Synthetic grass is getting more popular as a maintenance free option.  Not for me though  but in the desert like El Paso it is a great option.   and in very small areas where grass might not grow for numerous reasons I think it looks good.  Just hose it off if you have pets! 

all photos from El Paso and the solid stone walls are to keep tumbleweeds out of your yard for real! 

IMG_7708.JPG

IMG_7737.JPG

IMG_7742.JPG

Here is a house for sale in Cornelius with a synthetic yard .

http://www.classicahomes.com/new-homes/for-sale/Charlotte-NC/Cornelius-Lake-Norman/JettonPlace/17740-Jetton-Green-Loop#PhotoGallery-3

^^^as for the house in the last photo above the yard is fairly level there is just a step down the stone wall makes it look like it is really down.  

• 3 weeks later...

from my last week visit to downtown Raleigh look real live plants flowers and grass on the 9th floor skydeck of the Dillon.  No astroturf which by the way was developed right nearby in the Research Triangle Park another NC invention. 

IMG_0067.JPG

IMG_0078 (2).JPG

8 hours ago, tarhoosier said:

Ritz Carlton here had hives on their roof for their garden of herbs and vegetables. Cloister Honey, a local apiarist ran them. Hope they still have them.

I can't see them from next door.

• 1 month later...

Archived