Dave Luna Remembered: Passed 4 years ago this month.

Paramount747

Dave, 

Hard to believe you have been gone 4 years now. You would be amazed at the 30+ cranes we have in the sky, the renewal of so many urban neighborhoods, and the food scene has exploded. We have 6 towers of 300 feet or taller being built and 40+ over 5 stories.

Nashville is number 1 in some many categories, it's really impressive. I wish you could see all that has happened. One of our own, Brett is now a councilman! Many have come and gone in the group, but the core group is still around. I still remember our first meet in March of 2005 when we first met. That was almost 11 years ago, and it seems like yesterday when we met outside the library, and Kevin was an 18 year old freshman in college!

So much has changed since you passed. The art scene has exploded as well. There is so much to be proud of. Sorry you are not here to see it firsthand, but your spirit is with the group,  and your enthusiasm still permeates with the group.

Well, if I think of anything else I will add it. Love you man! Miss you!

John

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would argue's John annual (every January) tribute post to the spirit of Dave Luna is the single-most important post any of us makes any given year. For those newer to the group and who did not get to know Dave, he was a saint of a man. I always saw him as the "godfather" of the Nashville urbanplanet chapter.

Great job with this post, John.

RIP, Dave.

Archived