Titans Discussion

UTgrad09

I'm starting a general Titans thread. Feel free to discuss anything pertaining to the Titans team & organization.

To start things off -- with all the rumors about ownership, what are your concerns?

I'd love to get local ownership. As a Preds fan, I feel like the biggest obstacle we overcame as a city was getting rid of an outside and honestly uncaring ownership. I would love to see the Titans be sold to a local owner. Even with the lease lasting into the 2020s, I am concerned at the prospect of outside ownership. What stake do they have in the city? When the lease is up, will they demand a new billion and a half dollar stadium? Are the owners in the business of football, or in the business of football in Nashville?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am sure this discussion will get killed since it is in the Coffee House   But I would love if the Titans could have ownership like the Predators. All of the threats of moving to a new city for them a few years ago, but the new owners came in and drastically changed that team. I don't think a local group could afford it like the Predators situation, but it would just be nice to someone that wanted to keep them here. I do think they will want a new stadium once the lease runs out. That is just what teams do now. 

Since our stadium is not enclosed, we have room / open air at each endzone to add a retractable roof. We could add suites and renovate existing suites / other amenities and the stadium would be just as good for half the price.

I would like the Ingrams or the Frists to buy the team... with Peyton Manning and Eddie George in the FO. 

On 1/22/2016 at 7:45 AM, bigeasy said:

I am sure this discussion will get killed since it is in the Coffee House   But I would love if the Titans could have ownership like the Predators. All of the threats of moving to a new city for them a few years ago, but the new owners came in and drastically changed that team. I don't think a local group could afford it like the Predators situation, but it would just be nice to someone that wanted to keep them here. I do think they will want a new stadium once the lease runs out. That is just what teams do now. 

Agreed. I don't think local ownership solves everything, but many times, local owners are more committed to the team. There's that little element of civic pride that makes them want to work with the city and the fans. A lot of the improvements with the Preds and Bridgestone have been initiated by the Preds, not pressured by the city. Right now, I don't think Titans ownership has a good relationship with the fans. In fact, I'd go as far as to say the relationship is poor, because the fans have no confidence in the ownership.

On 1/22/2016 at 8:03 AM, nashvylle said:

Since our stadium is not enclosed, we have room / open air at each endzone to add a retractable roof. We could add suites and renovate existing suites / other amenities and the stadium would be just as good for half the price.

I would like the Ingrams or the Frists to buy the team... with Peyton Manning and Eddie George in the FO. 

With the number of teams that are demanding new stadiums, I think if we could get by with a heavy renovation and something like the addition of a retractable roof, we should do it. That investment could lead to A) an extended lease with the Titans and B) the opportunity to host other events (NCAA Men's Sweet 16/Final Four, Superbowl, and year-round mega concerts).

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived