GRDadof3

Show me the renderings!

8 posts in this topic

We're having a significant shortfall of renderings lately:

Lyon & Ottawa

20 Fulton East

234 Market

Monroe North Hotel

Are developers/architects wising up so that they don't have to have their designs picked apart by armchair architects? :P

Never mind, I found one:

602-

Just kidding, I don't know what the frick that is. Showed up in a search for 234 Market. Apartment in Mpls.

2 people like this

It is strange that some of these are underway without renderings...the other project I find odd is that they did show a rendering of the CWD hotel forever ago and never followed up on it.  That's not as odd except that Huntington is gone from 50 Monroe and Friday's just suddenly closed down.  Seems like signs that something is going on...

Edited by mgreven

50 Monroe is being restored / de-skinned and will have a brick exterior.   A boutique hotel, I believe AC by Mariott, will be in half of the building facing Monroe.  

1 hour ago, urbanland said:

50 Monroe is being restored / de-skinned and will have a brick exterior.   A boutique hotel, I believe AC by Mariott, will be in half of the building facing Monroe.  

You obviously work for the city, DDA, or a developer with all your insider info.  You are the only one here that has seen renderings of the Lyon/Ottawa development.  We appreciate the info.  Has the proposed wHY designed hotel been scrapped for the parking lot at Monroe and Louis?

http://achotels.marriott.com/about-ac-hotels-1

Edited by mpchicago

1 hour ago, urbanland said:

Very cool. Figured something was up. More hotels DT are great...I was DT for a conference last weekend and it was busy busy. 

2 people like this

7 hours ago, GRDadof3 said:

Are developers/architects wising up so that they don't have to have their designs picked apart by armchair architects? :P

It used to be, developers seemed to be in a rush to put out renderings, just to make the case they were serious about going through with their projects.  Now, everyone dumps on your design when you put out the first rendering, and everyone dumps on you again when you change it up in the next rendering. :)

3 hours ago, mpchicago said:

You obviously work for the city, DDA, or a developer with all your insider info.  You are the only one here that has seen renderings of the Lyon/Ottawa development.  We appreciate the info.  Has the proposed wHY designed hotel been scrapped for the parking lot at Monroe and Louis?

http://achotels.marriott.com/about-ac-hotels-1

Don't call people out, they'll run away and hide. :P

4 hours ago, urbanland said:

What is an AC by Marriott? 

You must have missed the link. Looks like a pretty cool Marriott property - boutique but fits in a business travelers budget. 

While I'd like to see something like the wHY hotel project happen, I'm really excited to see 50 Monroe reskinned (especially if they do something accurate to the original facade). 

It's always been the rumoured/proposed project I'm most excited about. 

Joe