Atlanta Photo of the Day

I just searched Google, I didn't take the pictures, but I wish I did.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What is it called this kind of lights building that you search for? Maybe I can try help to search for it myself. Also, can you enlarge this picture that you just dug it out. I love this picture better than other one, cuz it's showed many dim lights over city, but other one still beautiful. Heh.

It seems to be rare, I put in searches like:

Atlanta 1996

Downtown Atlanta 1996

Downtown Atlanta during Olympics

Atlanta during Olympics

Atlanta Skyline 1996

Atlanta Skyline Olympics

Bellsouth Building 1996 ( dont forget theres a bellsouth building in Nashville)

Bellsouth building during Olympics

Or any combination of the Above words

It seems to be rare, I put in searches like:

Atlanta 1996

Downtown Atlanta 1996

Downtown Atlanta during Olympics

Atlanta during Olympics

Atlanta Skyline 1996

Atlanta Skyline Olympics

Bellsouth Building 1996 ( dont forget theres a bellsouth building in Nashville)

Bellsouth building during Olympics

Or any combination of the Above words

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for some info. I'll search it later. I have to get off now. Have a great nite. :)

What do you mean by that?

One of our members, Westin Peachtree, I believe, had a photo of the BellSouth Building during the Olympics as his avatar.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Jfallin said good night and it wasn't even night time. I got the second smaller picture from Westin Peachtree's avatar.

Jfallin said good night and it wasn't even night time.  I got the second smaller picture from Westin Peachtree's avatar.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lol, I didn't say good nite, what I was saying is have a great nite, because it's just almost nite time to me, but I guess I should say have a great evening. Better? So now, good morning and wusssssup?! :D Anyway, what are we having some more photos there? :)

--Heh heh, I've got a Flickr too!--My Photobucket--

--^ See this thing right underneath the rest of my post? That's a signature. It is a short quote or something that you can end you posts with.

To activate it, go to your controls at the top of your screen, find the menu on the side of you controls screen, and click on the option "edit signature".

--^ See this thing right underneath the rest of my post? That's a signature. It is a short quote or something that you can end you posts with.

To activate it, go to your controls at the top of your screen, find the menu on the side of you controls screen, and click on the option "edit signature".

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks

Just curious, but what angles do some of our Atlanta photographers use to get some of their pics?

I'll be going to the city to take a few pictures for this thread, and I want to know, where are the best angles?

I know about the Sundial, I-20, and Centennial Olympic Park, but curious about other angles and locations to see the city from.

Now, here's a few that I found on the web that I put in my photobucket (hope I haven't used these before in this thread):

Atl-14.jpg

Atl-16.jpg

Atl-20.jpg

(I'd like to make this my avatar, but it's too dark. :))

Edited by ironchapman

Just curious, but what angles do some of our Atlanta photographers use to get some of their pics?

I'll be going to the city to take a few pictures for this thread, and I want to know, where are the best angles?

I personally think the view from Piedmont Park is pretty nice.

Vet's Memorial Drive provides a good view in some spots.

What about the view from Grant Park?

One last question:

Is there a way to get to see the view from the sundial WITHOUT paying to stay at the Westin or eating at the Sundial? I heard you could pay a small price (like $5) to go to the observation area...any truth to this?

Vet's Memorial Drive provides a good view in some spots.

What about the view from Grant Park?

One last question:

Is there a way to get to see the view from the sundial WITHOUT paying to stay at the Westin or eating at the Sundial? I heard you could pay a small price (like $5) to go to the observation area...any truth to this?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It costs five dollars to take one of the two scenic elevators. It's free to get in. They just charge for riding the elevator.

^ I'm gonna have to try that sometime.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think thats kinda ridiculous to pay 5 dollars to ride an elevator. I was curious how people get their luggage to those high floors? But Ironchpman, if you have 5 dollars, go for it. But dont forget to take some pictures for UP.