ironchapman

Atlanta Photo of the Day

Well, I had to pay the same price to climb most the lighthouses I visit, so I don't think it's that bad of a price. I hope you don't have to pay those if you're actually staying at the hotel.

I think thats kinda ridiculous to pay 5 dollars to ride an elevator. I was curious how people get their luggage to those high floors? But Ironchpman, if you have 5 dollars, go for it. But dont forget to take some pictures for UP.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They have inetrior elevators that go to the hotel floors. The external elevator only goes from the ground floor to the 72nd floor, which is the Sundial Restaurant. There is also the Sundial Bar on the 73rd level that roates at a different speed, but it does not have any tables next to the window.

They have inetrior elevators that go to the hotel floors. The external elevator only goes from the ground floor to the 72nd floor, which is the Sundial Restaurant. There is also the Sundial Bar on the 73rd level that roates at a different speed, but it does not have any tables next to the window.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you been?

Yes, last February. It was a rather enjoyable experience. Great food. I have pictures actually. I need to get those uploaded.

Yes, last February. It was a rather enjoyable experience. Great food. I have pictures actually. I need to get those uploaded.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You actually stayed in the Westin? Wow!

If you did, I'd love to see those...post some here, this thread needs some more good pics.

LOL! :lol: No- My now ex-girlfriend and I ate dinner there. I couldn't afford to stay there even on Hotwire :rolleyes:

^ Oh...Good point

Well, I look forward to seeing some of those pics. :)

Edited by ironchapman

Wow, those are fantasic photos! Thanks for sharing them. I particularly like the ones from the park :)

cityAtlantaGA07.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is a very unattractive picture, imo. It's one of the things I notice about Atlanta and it's suburbs now. When I returned to the Atlanta area, the quantity of utility lines and poles amazed me. I was only gone for 5 years. I think I just didn't notice it before having grown up in Atlanta, and thinking all places were like that. I really didn't notice it when I left either, that's the thing. But, when I returned, they stick out like a sore thumb. I just don't believe that one picture paints an appealing pic of Atlanta.

The other pictures you posted, Spartan, I really liked.

This is a very unattractive picture, imo.  It's one of the things I notice about Atlanta and it's suburbs now.  When I returned to the Atlanta area, the quantity of utility lines and poles amazed me.  I was only gone for 5 years.  I think I just didn't notice it before having grown up in Atlanta, and thinking all places were like that.  I really didn't notice it when I left either, that's the thing.  But, when I returned, they stick out like a sore thumb.  I just don't believe that one picture paints an appealing pic of Atlanta.

The other pictures you posted, Spartan, I really liked.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just like the angle and the top half of the photo. That picture is lacking in most regards though :lol:

Although this is a classic example of Atlanta's sprawl, I think this picture is hot.

atl3skylines0kp.jpg

Thanks for posting it Labtec. :thumbsup:

Now if the photographer could have moved a tad bit to the left to get more of the Perimeter Center area.

I had some fun with Photoshop combining several pics I've taken of Downtown/Midtown and I thought I'd post the result on here.

2af48ad4.jpg

Edited by GaTechGuy

here's another one I got from when we went up to Stone Mountain yesterday.post-4402-1121838650_thumb.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thats weird...cause midtown is usually on the right. seeing as how stone mountain is east of Atlanta...did you flip the image around?

here's another one I got from when we went up to Stone Mountain yesterday.post-4402-1121838650_thumb.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Interesting...that photo of yours appears just as if it had been taken from the Overlook Building in the Vinings (only during the early Autumn)...just like this one, which is one of my all-time favorite views of Atlanta:

large-vinings_downtown.jpg

Edited by RestedTraveler

Since "business" has picked up here, and the topic has been pinned, I decided to change thename to "Atlanta Photo of the Day" (which many of the forums here use for their photo threads).