Atlanta Photo of the Day

I think thats kinda ridiculous to pay 5 dollars to ride an elevator. I was curious how people get their luggage to those high floors? But Ironchpman, if you have 5 dollars, go for it. But dont forget to take some pictures for UP.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They have inetrior elevators that go to the hotel floors. The external elevator only goes from the ground floor to the 72nd floor, which is the Sundial Restaurant. There is also the Sundial Bar on the 73rd level that roates at a different speed, but it does not have any tables next to the window.

They have inetrior elevators that go to the hotel floors. The external elevator only goes from the ground floor to the 72nd floor, which is the Sundial Restaurant. There is also the Sundial Bar on the 73rd level that roates at a different speed, but it does not have any tables next to the window.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you been?

Yes, last February. It was a rather enjoyable experience. Great food. I have pictures actually. I need to get those uploaded.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You actually stayed in the Westin? Wow!

If you did, I'd love to see those...post some here, this thread needs some more good pics.

cityAtlantaGA07.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is a very unattractive picture, imo. It's one of the things I notice about Atlanta and it's suburbs now. When I returned to the Atlanta area, the quantity of utility lines and poles amazed me. I was only gone for 5 years. I think I just didn't notice it before having grown up in Atlanta, and thinking all places were like that. I really didn't notice it when I left either, that's the thing. But, when I returned, they stick out like a sore thumb. I just don't believe that one picture paints an appealing pic of Atlanta.

The other pictures you posted, Spartan, I really liked.

This is a very unattractive picture, imo.  It's one of the things I notice about Atlanta and it's suburbs now.  When I returned to the Atlanta area, the quantity of utility lines and poles amazed me.  I was only gone for 5 years.  I think I just didn't notice it before having grown up in Atlanta, and thinking all places were like that.  I really didn't notice it when I left either, that's the thing.  But, when I returned, they stick out like a sore thumb.  I just don't believe that one picture paints an appealing pic of Atlanta.

The other pictures you posted, Spartan, I really liked.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just like the angle and the top half of the photo. That picture is lacking in most regards though :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

here's another one I got from when we went up to Stone Mountain yesterday.post-4402-1121838650_thumb.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Interesting...that photo of yours appears just as if it had been taken from the Overlook Building in the Vinings (only during the early Autumn)...just like this one, which is one of my all-time favorite views of Atlanta:

large-vinings_downtown.jpg

Edited by RestedTraveler