Atlanta Photo of the Day

^Those are both fantastic pictures!

I really like the Buckhead shot.

That photo really reminds me of how incredibly precious our urban forest is. You could argue that this beautiful forest identifies the unique character of Atlanta more than any other singe feature. Can you imagine what our town would be like without it?

:shok:

That photo really reminds me of how incredibly precious our urban forest is. You could argue that this beautiful forest identifies the unique character of Atlanta more than any other singe feature. Can you imagine what our town would be like without it?

I love the urban forest in Atlanta, it is definately one of my favorite aspects of the city. Atlanta without it's urban forest would be a completely different city, in a bad way, IMO. :unsure:

Before my dad moved to New Orleans, he lived in Buckhead in the early 60's. In his pictures, you see the beautiful forestry around the area, and a few developments pop up every now and then. Of course Buckhead looks completely different now in terms of development, but much of the urban forest is still there and still adds beauty to the entire area. I would hate to see that beautiful aspect of the city disappear.

^Yes it really does.

I saw it first hand when I was in Atlanta for the SEC championship game, and I thought it looked great, but I must say, I think looks even better at night. :D

I posted this in the "Where Am I" thread, but I think it's interesting in that it shows four of Atlanta's largest office buildings lined up in a row. To get a sense of scale, they're all roughly twice the size of 1180 Peachtree. Of course they all date back to an era 15-25 years ago when big was considered better.

mystery%2014.jpg

^Centennial Tower's colors blend well with the sky. Great shot, Student!

BTW: (Yeah, I'm back) I went to Savannah over the past few days and took more than enough photos, so keep an eye out for them in the Georgia section. Also, I might be able to put together an Atlanta photo thread (or two) sometime after New Year's! :)

I took this one tonight. It can count for tomorrow. I was dissappointed that 1180's lights didnt come on though. i might have to retake it when they do eventually come on. its wide, so you might have to scroll. i stitched it together from 3 pictures, if i printed it out, it would be huge.

original.jpg

nakedyak, that's the best panorama of the DownMidtown skyline I've ever seen. We should put you in charge of urban renewal -- you've instantly cleared out several unsightly blocks! Seriously, great photography, I really like it!

:lol:

I like your photo of 101 Marietta, too, student. I bet that's just the way the architect wanted that building to look.

I took this one tonight. It can count for tomorrow. I was dissappointed that 1180's lights didnt come on though. i might have to retake it when they do eventually come on. its wide, so you might have to scroll. i stitched it together from 3 pictures, if i printed it out, it would be huge.

original.jpg

One word..............Delightful!

I spent all day yesterday in 191 Peachtree getting interviewed for the King and Spalding law firm... that building is one of the nicest I have ever seen on the inside. But, by the time I graduate law school they will have moved to 1180, drats :)

Good luck TheSuperPope, I really hope you get the job. King and Spalding is a great place to work. I hate that they are leaving 191 Peachtree. They were a true assest to downtown. BTW, they also have a nice office in Manhattan.

One word..............Delightful!

Good luck TheSuperPope, I really hope you get the job. King and Spalding is a great place to work. I hate that they are leaving 191 Peachtree. They were a true assest to downtown. BTW, they also have a nice office in Manhattan.

Yes, good luck, SuperPope! K&S is the creme de la creme!