Atlanta Photo of the Day

This is the best photo of Atlanta I have ever seen.  Does anyone know where it was taken from?  Lindebergh Center?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm pretty sure that picture was photoshopped, because even if the lights were on the buildings during the day(I'm not sure if they are), you would not be able to see them so clearly. Also I think those trees in the foreground might have been put in afterwards as well. As to the location, I do not know.

Ironchapman, You changed your AVATAR! I like it.

You can see that that picture was photo-edited. take a close look and you can see it looks unatural. I also saw it at Atlantaphotos.com.

The backround sky and the trees in the foreground look like they got put there on the computer. Though how fake it is, I still like it.

• 3 weeks later...

Today I took some QUALITY photos at Centennial Olympic Park, but I don;t know how to add pics from my computer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Since you now have 100 posts, you are in the Members+ group, which means you have access to UP file hosting service. When you hit "Add Reply" you will see a new menu called "File Attachments" -from there you can add pics from your computer, and use UP to put them in your posts. You have a 20MB limit.

Those are the Concourse Buildings (Con. IV and V...I believe). They are in the soon to be oncorporated suburb of Sandy Springs. Sometimes considered to be the tallest suburban buildings in the world. The one with the square shaped top is Concourse V, also know as "The King". Concourse IV is the one with the rounded top. It is often referred to as "The Queen". It is slightly taller than "The King" by a few feet. They top off at about 550 ft., I believe.

A nice pic, I might add.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you are correct ironchapman. The only other bldg that rivals these two is the one in Houston in the Galleria area. It is occupied by VanKampen. It is the Williams tower. One of the main tenents in Councourse towers is Paine Webber.

B)

A2

(I actually stay in this area every time I frequent Hotlanta for biz)

On a side note---Houston's tower is over 900 feet and would be considered the tallest, but it is inside the Houston City Limits. If not, it would easilty be the tallest "suburban" tower.

Here is a nice pic of it. I am envious.

http://www.emporis.com/en/il/im/?id=231634

:rolleyes:

Edited by A219724

I never really did like that angle of Atlanta.  I like a linear view if cities, and Atlanta really holds a lot of charm when viewed from a linear view.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree NEO. I think the best view is coming into town via I-20. I wish someone would post that one. ATL has one of the longest skylines. It is not very dense outside of the CBD, but no one holds a candle to it's vast stretch of 20+ story office bldgs. (ok...so NYC, but outside of that, not many)

c'mon ATL guys get us an I-20 shot.

B)

A2

Coming from the East or West?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

coming from the West (from Douglasville/B'ham) going East. I think the Money Shot would be right around the SixFlags exit.

A2

(you can get a great view of the CBD, Midtown, and Buckhead) Granted there are noticable gaps, but it is a great view of the linear nature of ATL's skyline. It is a stretch of 10-15 miles against the horizon filled with towers. Again its a great shot.

A2

B)

So you would pay me to take a picture from that area?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would not go that far.... :lol:

But it would be nice if someone would take their camera and let the rest of the world see ATL's skyline from a panoramic view from I-20. I am actually going to be in both Atlanta and Birmingham on buisness later this week. I might take the shot myself just for kicks and then post it. I will try and take it from one of the bridges close to six flags coming eastbound on 20. I will be eager to get back to CLT so don't expect anything spectacular if I nab a shot, it will definately be in haste as I will be doing everything in my power to not stop in ATL. I kinda hate the traffic, and I like to get in and out (if you know what I mean)

B)

^Well you said money shot^

What do you do that you are in constant transition between cities?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I work for one of the Big banks here in Charlotte. I do not want to say which. But I will give you a hint. It starts with a "W". :lol:

Anyways, I support all of those "W" brokers in the Atlanta area. I am a broker of brokers. I find the products that make sense for my brokers use for their clients financial needs. I am in ATL a lot. I like my base here in Charlotte though. Charlotte reminds me a lot of Atlanta in the 70's. Granted I doubt we will ever catch up in population, but for the most part we are experiencing the boom that ATL had during those golden years. I really foresee a megalopolis of sorts up the entire 85 corridor. In many publications you will find that this interstate is one of the fastest growing in the nation. It starts in Auburn, AL and runs through all the major metros (ie ATL, Greenville-Spartanburg, Charlotte, Greensboro, Winston Salem, and even up to Richmond). I think this will be a mirror of the NE corridor within the next 20-40 years. (ie I-95 from DC to Boston). It will just be noted as the Southern Megalopolis)

I agree NEO. I think the best view is coming into town via I-20. I wish someone would post that one. ATL has one of the longest skylines. It is not very dense outside of the CBD, but no one holds a candle to it's vast stretch of 20+ story office bldgs. (ok...so NYC, but outside of that, not many)

c'mon ATL guys get us an I-20 shot.

B)

A2

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Okay, try this:

Atl-17.jpg

Edited by ironchapman

Okay, try this:

Atl-17.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thx IC, for some reason my system will not let me view it. Can you attatch a link or is it one that you took personally??? I do not know why I can't see the shot that some of you guys post. It is really weird...

Here is a great shot to show you the linear expanse of ATL. Found it on Emporis.

this one is from stone mountain:

http://www.emporis.com/en/il/im/?id=331416

Here is another:

I LOVE THIS ONE...I think it gets everything:

:wub:

http://www.emporis.com/en/il/im/?id=230054

it is like a 15 mile stretch. This is ATL's strength. So it might not be the densest city in the world, but it is an awesome city from a linear view !

thx IC, for some reason my system will not let me view it. Can you attatch a link or is it one that you took personally??? I do not know why I can't see the shot that some of you guys post. It is really weird...

Here is a great shot to show you the linear expanse of ATL. Found it on Emporis.

this one is from stone mountain:

http://www.emporis.com/en/il/im/?id=331416

Here is another:

I LOVE THIS ONE...I think it gets everything:

:wub:

http://www.emporis.com/en/il/im/?id=230054

it is like a 15 mile stretch. This is ATL's strength. So it might not be the densest city in the world, but it is an awesome city from a linear view !

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try this, I attached it:

post-3864-1119305500_thumb.jpg

Does anyone of you have some pictures of the beautiful Bellsouth building with the light colors of pink and blue mix on it and some dim lights moving at the top of this building in night times during the 1996 Summer Olympics if you know what I mean. Could you show it for me that I'm dying to find it. Thanks.

coming from the West (from Douglasville/B'ham) going East. I think the Money Shot would be right around the SixFlags exit.

A2

(you can get a great view of the CBD, Midtown, and Buckhead) Granted there are noticable gaps, but it is a great view of the linear nature of ATL's skyline. It is a stretch of 10-15 miles against the horizon filled with towers. Again its a great shot.

A2

B)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You are 100% correct about this. Granted its from a distance but Im amazed that you don't see pictures of the city from here because it is such a great view especially at night. You crest a hill right around six flags and there it is on the horizon.