Atlanta Photo of the Day

Hey everyone, I'm back from Florida!

I was searching through my photos on my Flickr and found one you guys might like:

176585072_685c59bafb_b.jpg

Wow, that's an awesome and very impressive shot, IC. Great job!

I think BOA Plaza, especially the crown, is one of those thing's that looks good in just about every condition, but looks fantastic on a bright and sunny day. :thumbsup:

Indeed, NCB. When the sun hits the BofA crown just right, it's a beautiful sight indeed.

Here's arguably the best shot I have taken of it:

105019598_bec857afe7_b.jpg

^Wow, that one's even better. Awesome, IC! :thumbsup:

Here's another shot I was able to get from I-85/75:

IMG_6137border.jpg

Interesting how well everything shows up in this shot perfectly exposed. Usually rainy/cloudy day shots aren't so lucky. Great job and I love the view, NCB.

And finally, here is the last skyline shot of Atlanta I was able to get, this one was taken through the back window:

IMG_6143border.jpg

Great shot, but i hope you were keeping your eyes on the road. ;)

If I get off my proverbial you-know-what tomorrow for long enough, I might upload some pics from the state capitol building.

Edited by ironchapman

Great shot, but i hope you were keeping your eyes on the road. ;)

:lol:

Well, believe it or not, I caused a 6 car accident that day. It turns out smart driving doesn't involve completely leaving the drivers seat and climbing in the back to get a picture. Who knew! ;)

Nah, I was actually splitting driving time that whole trip with a friend of mine, and I was lucky enough to be the passenger until we got right outside of the city.

Hey NCB, I posted this once before in a photo thread in the regular forums. To date, it's my first and best shot of the Atlanta skyline as you approach it from the west on I-20. I figured you might be interested in seeing it since we have so many skyline shots up now.

104951639_d5ef712b5f_b.jpg

Hybrid, Cobb County is looking good these days. As I understand it, the Galleria area already has more office space than Buckhead, Midtown or Downtown, and with the new arts center and all the massive transportation improvements that are on the way, the future has got to be bright. Good schools, too, which I think is really a critical factor. I like what's going on in Smyrna and Mayretta, too.

:thumbsup:

Atlanta From an Airplane

IMG_0714.jpg

I-75 near Hartsfield

IMG_1104.jpg

I-85/I-285/South Fulton Pkwy. interchange and rock quarry

IMG_1101.jpg

Southern I-85/I-285 interchange

IMG_1106.jpg

Atlanta suburban sprawl

IMG_0712.jpg

This picture was supposed to be downtown Atlanta but it was hazy that afternoon and you can barely see the Georgia Dome in the background (white bump in the distance).

I just snagged these images from the Atlantic website, but they really show how the central city is continuing to fill in. Can you imagine how this will look even a few years from now, as the projects that are currently under construction come online? And then think of it 10 or 15 years from now, when the streetcars are back and the Beltline is running.

Buckhead.jpg

Midtown.jpg

Downtown.jpg

Andrea, those are some great pics. The Atlantic has quite a view. It would be amazing if you actually lived there!

Great pics from the airplane, DaAchiever! Quite an interesting perspective from up there, isn't it?

HybridONE, it's good to see the Cobb skylines are still growing.