Atlanta Photo of the Day

• 2 weeks later...

Ever wondered what ATL looks like from a FA-18? These pics were taken on Thursday when these two jets did a practice run over Tech for a fly over during Tech's Homecoming game this past Saturday. Both of the jets were flown by Tech grads. :thumbsup:

IMG_1164a.jpg

IMG_1162a.jpg

IMG_1157a.jpg

IMG_1153a.jpg

How did they do a flyover of that stadium!!! It is nestled among several 200+ meter buildings! It seems like the FAA would have said no to that one. They wouldn't build the Columbia Center in Seattle over 1000 feet because the FAA said that would be a risk to planes taking off over ten miles away at SeaTac International. It would have been incredible to be in the BoA building during the flyover and see two military jets roaring past at almost the same height as you (and if you have been to an airshow you know that they're extremely loud). Very, very cool.

Edited by south park county

^ Excellent work! I love the background. Nice touch!

Your photoshopping skills at work here, I suppose?

IC, yes, that's me and my Photoshopping. The people at Adobe probably wish they could have my license back.

:lol:

I actually kind of like that background. It makes the building look all space-agey.

• 4 weeks later...

This is too large to post here but if you want to see what the downtown/midtown area looked like before the Downtown Connector was built, click here. It's a very large image which might take a moment to load, but it's worth it in my opinion.

Interesting picture. Its kind of hard to place what is what and where is where, etc.

Would that be THE andrea on the homepage of the website? :)

With Christmas break coming, I'll finally have time to make a couple photo threads I've been wanting to make for a while.

Anyways, here's a couple of pics from my trip to the GA Capitol building (from back in July!):

The Dome

328737347_9d746197fb_b.jpg

A Couple Shots of the Dome's Interior

328737952_4639fd611a_b.jpg

.........Taken while lying on the floor...

328737632_d4373ffd6b_b.jpg

And there's a whole lot more to come! :)

Here are a couple of night shots of Midtown. They are slightly blurry, but considering the conditions I was taking pictures in, they turned out pretty well. It was raining, foggy, night, and I was in a moving vehicle with a camera that didnt want to focus :)

atlantanight.jpg

atlantanight2.jpg

Nice work considering the conditions you had to operate in. It brings a sort of dark or mysterious appearance to the Midtown skyline.

I'm guessing you were just in Atlanta.