Atlanta Photo of the Day

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Atlanta on a cloudy winter day.

This is a really nice updated photo of Atlanta's Downtown and Midtown areas from the vantage point of Vinings. It was located on Flickr. Even the Atlantic Station skyline is making a statement. Slowly but surely the two skylines are merging...one could say that they already have...there are many of 12-20 buildings in between that seem insignificant due to the sheer height of the taller skyscrapers.

3198196201_a393d37f53_o.jpg

• 3 months later...

Ok guys. I've been living in Atlanta for a few months now and figured I'd finally contribute some pics to the board. I used to take pics of Nashville and post them in the Nashville boards when I still lived there but until recently, I had been slammed with work here so I couldnt contribute much. Sorry! Anyway I have been casually scouting for good spots here and there and found a wonderful vantage point from the Vinings area on Cumberland Blvd that as far as I know, is the only area where you can capture Dunwoody, Buckhead, and midtown/downtown all in one panorama :shok: . Because of the extreme size of that pano, I also did some of just Buckhead and downtown so as to get more detail of the two (more impressive) skylines. I also made a night pano. Enjoy!

Edit- original links got deleted. Check out post #888 (two posts down) for working links.

Edited by Nashville_maestro

Ok guys. I've been living in Atlanta for a few months now and figured I'd finally contribute some pics to the board. I used to take pics of Nashville and post them in the Nashville boards when I still lived there but until recently, I had been slammed with work here so I couldnt contribute much. Sorry! Anyway I have been casually scouting for good spots here and there and found a wonderful vantage point from the Vinings area on Cumberland Blvd that as far as I know, is the only area where you can capture Dunwoody, Buckhead, and midtown/downtown all in one panorama :shok: . Because of the extreme size of that pano, I also did some of just Buckhead and downtown so as to get more detail of the two (more impressive) skylines. I also made a night pano. Enjoy!

(Note) Because of the extreme size of these images, please be patient for them to load. Especially if your connection is slow.

Buckhead and Atlanta Panorama (Day) click here

Buckhead and Atlanta Panorama (Night) click here

Dunwoody, Buckhead, & Atlanta Panorama (w/ Lables) click here

Dunwoody, Buckhead, & Atlanta Panorama (w/o Lables) click here

These links aren't showing up... :(

Yeah my online storage client totally just deleted everything I had uploaded to it which included these pictures. Uagh!

Here they are from photobucket:

Atlanta & Buckhead heret.gif

Atlanta & Buckhead (night) heret.gif

Atlanta, Buckhead, & Dunwoody with lables heret.gif

Atlanta, Buckhead, & Dunwoody without lables heret.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah my online storage client totally just deleted everything I had uploaded to it which included these pictures. Uagh!

Here they are from photobucket:

Atlanta & Buckhead heret.gif

Atlanta & Buckhead (night) heret.gif

Atlanta, Buckhead, & Dunwoody with lables heret.gif

Atlanta, Buckhead, & Dunwoody without lables heret.gif

is that from the one overton park garage? if so, i'm amazed - i was considering trying to get in to that building's garage literally just a few weeks back, but you've since taken care of it for me!

thanks for the photos.

Edited by cabasse

• 2 weeks later...