orulz

One Glenwood

so I guess Two Glenwood Tower footprint will take out the funky restored Art Deco gas station at corner of Hillsborough and Boylan?  10 years from now, Char-Grill and Snoopy's will be the only damn funky thing left on that whole side of town. (National Art Interiors building is notable and potentially funky, but completely wasted as boring office space and high end retail...

• Like 2

8 hours ago, JeffC said:

so I guess Two Glenwood Tower footprint will take out the funky restored Art Deco gas station at corner of Hillsborough and Boylan?  10 years from now, Char-Grill and Snoopy's will be the only damn funky thing left on that whole side of town. (National Art Interiors building is notable and potentially funky, but completely wasted as boring office space and high end retail...

That's truly a shame.  That gas station is awesome.  Character being paved over.

It's like a weird repeat of when neighborhoods/houses got paved over for parking lots for state government.

16 hours ago, DPK said:

That's truly a shame.  That gas station is awesome.  Character being paved over.

It's like a weird repeat of when neighborhoods/houses got paved over for parking lots for state government.

Except it's a different set of tunnel vision fan boys cheering this crap on. 

On 10/25/2018 at 3:30 PM, JeffC said:

Most alarming to me is the phase 3, 9 story parking deck just submitted, that takes out the brick, Italianate Joel Whitaker house on Hillsborough. 

• Like 2

I've never seen internal framing go up before the super structure was complete. I don't think it's a pedestal either...there is steel super structure rising above that framing against the tinker toy deck if you look closely. Weird...

It's load bearing metal stud framing. Similar to wood studs. The steel structure below is the podium. I assume the steel will be fireproofed.

15 hours ago, CHGuy said:

It's load bearing metal stud framing. Similar to wood studs. The steel structure below is the podium. I assume the steel will be fireproofed.

Interesting. I've never seen it in a load bearing application...only internal. There are still those steel vertical members in the rear so I'm guessing some more rigid skeleton is holding all the framing together. From the limited times I've held metal framing, it doesn't seem like it handles torque very well, but I could be wrong. 

The steel that I see sticking up looks like it is there support the elevator shaft.

^^^ The hotel in Charlotte was all steel framing atop its concrete 1 story base.  I saw it rise.   So this hotel at the One Glenwood looks like it is being built the same way.  

• Like 1

Not a big fan of the announcement for yet another parking garage here, but I guess that's how things roll right now :dontknow:.  Some pics from tonight, looks like the glass is finally done.

DSC_4498.jpg

DSC_4499.jpg

DSC_4500.jpg

Edited by nicholas
  • Like 4

It seems like that parking deck is twice as big as needed for One Glenwood+Tower 2+the hotel. Anyone know how many spaces it's supposed to have? It seems like it's the tallest deck in downtown if not pretty close to the largest by number of spaces

^^ I mean that is a Charlotte style parking deck HUGE. I do think it for both office towers including the one planned and the hotel.    Says 733 parking spaces.
Here is the marketing  flyer
http://www.trinity-partners.com/content/uploads/2016/06/One-Glenwood_OFFICE-Brochure-for-email.pdf

Haha over here complaining about parking decks. Least they don’t have a 14 floor nearly block sided 3000 space parking deck being erected, like at Legacy Onion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 3