One Glenwood

orulz

7 hours ago, Jones_ said:

Well the retail facing Morgan and eventual hotel lobby in phase II will be a good outcome here, keeping the area interesting and built for people. I am a little surprised the parking deck entrance does't align with Glenwood...seems like a no brainer...but perhaps there is some engineering consideration I am unaware of. 

I think the simple answer is that they want you to see the hotel coming down Glenwood and not a hole into a parking deck.  I agree with you though, from traffic point of view it'd make more sense.  From a marketing point of view though, not really.  All about those $$ bills.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

They have their anchor tenant WeWork a global coworking space provider is leasing 81,xxx sq ft at One Glenwood. 

From the Triangle Business Journal: "WeWork, the company confirms, has signed a lease for 81,032 square feet, or about one-third of the office space planned at One Glenwood – an $86 million, 227,500-square-foot office tower at the corner of Glenwood Avenue and Hillsborough Street in Raleigh’s Glenwood South district. The new office is expected to open in early 2019."

Subscriber only article https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2017/08/16/co-working-giant-wework-to-make-debut-in-downtown.html?ana=e_mc_prem&s=newsletter&ed=2017-08-16&u=oAaDx%2B74FoP4qOJ%2By4AU6dhJPpc&t=1502889530&j=78705031

They will occupy the 3rd through the 5th floor with access to the private balcony. Their new Charlotte location has balcony access too. 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 1

WeWork is very legit and is one of the biggest in country with locations all over the US and from what I have seen of the brand new Charlotte location very successful in attracting startups, small offices of large corporations, 1 man/1 woman companies or sales execs etc. They have communal meeting and conference rooms, coffee bars, beer on tap, lots of events etc. Overall they are the real deal.  Even large corporations are using these type of spaces to put certain groups or departments to foster collaboration. I like the one here in Charlotte. 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, InitialD said:

In my experience, these co-working spaces seem very "fly by night." Is this a reputable one? Seems like a lot of space they will be leasing. 

WeWork has been around for a while.  I'd consider them pretty stable.

• 3 weeks later...

Another tenant signs for 26,000 sq ft in this new tower. CEO of Sepi Engineering, says the firm will be expanding and consolidating all of its staff in Raleigh in the new building slated to open in 2019 and will occupy about 26,000 square feet on the 10-story building’s sixth floor. from Triangle Business Journal

https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2017/09/01/86m-glenwood-south-building-project-lands.html?ana=e_du_prem&s=article_du&ed=2017-09-01&u=oAaDx%2B74FoP4qOJ%2By4AU6dhJPpc&t=1504294326&j=78773941  Subscriber only article 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Jones_ said:

I presumed incorrectly....Shelton's still stands but foundation work on the main building site is proceeding. With Dillion topping out I am glad to have another big project to check out during my downtown ambles. 

Don't forget about Smokey Hollow.   (I assume that since construction fences are up and demolition seems to be beginning that the project is now underway)

On 9/22/2017 at 5:36 PM, Merthecat said:

Don't forget about Smokey Hollow.   (I assume that since construction fences are up and demolition seems to be beginning that the project is now underway)

Oh right, I did for get :) That does have some coordination with the Peace St project that will dictate it's speed at first...utility configurations might change, the Pigeon House Branch culvert configuration might get redone or reconfigured a tad, plus I *think Kane is paying for at least part of the new Johnson St connection (not sure why I think that so weigh in with any definite info)...anyway, might be herky jerky until the below and at-grade stuff is set. 

Edited by Jones_

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
41 minutes ago, Green_man said:

Hotel announced for wrapping North and East corner of parking deck.  Hotel brand to be Origin Hotel.  http://www.originhotel.com/raleigh/

Two Glenwood Hotel.jpg

More good news for the Glenwood to downtown connection. For some reason I thought the hotel would be a "phase 2" type deal, but the article says the footings are being poured before year end and the website has it opening in 2019.