One Glenwood

orulz

• 4 weeks later...

This is a subscriber article about One Glenwood not much news but the photos from the top floor skydeck are awesome.     This building's skydeck will have the best view of downtown Raleigh the warehouse district and according to the author the tops of the North Hills towers.  

Not sure if you can see the photos or not but the view is spectacular.  

https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2018/09/07/sneak-peekas-one-glenwood-takes-shape-developer.html?ana=e_du_prem&s=article_du&ed=2018-09-07&u=oAaDx%2B74FoP4qOJ%2By4AU6dhJPpc&t=1536353561&j=83708091

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2018 at 9:01 PM, RALNATIVE said:

Overall the building is not bad, but i'm just not a fan of the brick. Maybe it will grow on me over time.

It's a little disjointed for sure, but not all that different than the new stuff on City Plaza from a color palate perspective anyway. I think the bricks facing Snoopys, at least, were meant to provide some human level touches at street level..warm it up a bit. 

Edited by Jones_
  • Like 1

On 9/28/2018 at 9:01 PM, RALNATIVE said:

Overall the building is not bad, but i'm just not a fan of the brick. Maybe it will grow on me over time.

I actually like the brick more so than the glass.  The color and the texture of the brick is a nice touch.  Not a fan of the square portion on the top 4 or 5 floors that juts out at the corner though. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jtmonk said:

I actually like the brick more so than the glass.  The color and the texture of the brick is a nice touch.  Not a fan of the square portion on the top 4 or 5 floors that juts out at the corner though. 

That Square portion is hideous. I guess i'm overly sensitive about this building because it is in direct view as I look out of my balcony window.

• Like 1

One Glenwood today.  One question what if anything is planned behind the massive parking garage?  who owns that land?  I know they plan a hotel to wrap the deck in the front which is great.   This building will also have great views.   And since someone mentioned it I snapped a photo of a very busy Snoopys and I hope this landmark will stay in that spot. 

IMG_3713.JPG

IMG_3716.JPG

IMG_3715.JPG

IMG_3717.JPG

IMG_3718.JPG

IMG_3719.JPG

IMG_3720.JPG

IMG_3721.JPG

IMG_3743.JPG

IMG_3776.JPG

IMG_3778.JPG

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Jones_ said:

Maybe there are plans for something on the south side of that at some point...?

I did my own research and they do seem to own that property as well south of the huge exposed parking garage. I would think it would be great residential spot. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

wow, gotta love how raleigh has killed great projects over time due to "aesthetics".  then we get this monstrostity!!!    it's like they decided to take as many of the worst elements in architecture in recent years (that needless square on the side, i'm looking at you), lump them together and call it good, but not before throwing the worlds ugliest parking garage in front of it.

• Haha 1