LEWIS PLAZA REDEVELOPMENT: Harris Teeter

NBNY2GRNVL

6 hours ago, Gville29601 said:

How is the parking? Doesn't seem like enough spots for such a large store.

There is parking on the left side too that goes back pretty deep toward the condos. I think even more coming on the right side  once the old medical building moves and is torn down. I was impressed with all the places to sit and  dine in like Starbucks, an outdoor patio on the side and even more tables in front of the checkouts.(liked the fact that it was separated by a partial  wall from the checkouts).  They really tried to make it a social place to gather as well.

They had a full breakfast hot bar this morning.  Bacon/Sausage links, Eggs, Pancakes, Oatmeal, Grits -the works . Boy was I tempted. It looked good.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, vistatiger said:

...  once the old medical building moves and is torn down.

That building was originally the Plaza Theater. I'm sorry to hear it's going to be demolished. I've always had a faint (and admittedly unrealistic) hope that it would be revived as a theater, maybe along the lines of the Enzian in Maitland, FL (outside Orlando).

Very nice store, but i was disappointed that there were a number of items that I would always get at Publix that are not available which means I will still need to go to Publix.

Also, their will be more parking on the right once the medical building is torn down.

Tried out the store last night. Very nice. 

Noticed that they put the wine bar downstairs. Original renderings had it upstairs.  I asked and they said something went wrong with the plans. Upstairs space appears to be unused at the moment (maybe not ready in time?).  

For original plan, see:  Harris-Teeter-3-1.jpg

Edited by transplant08

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
3 hours ago, kevibruy said:

A debt of gratitude is in order for the extraordinary updates! Before now I would attempt to get down to Greenville once per year, however tragically won't make it this year because of COVID so your updates resemble candy to my eyes! At the point when this is all over I'll need to make an outing down and see all the ongoing improvement.. 

Any reports on Unity Park and Harris Teeter? Has the city gained huge ground?

Unity Park is moving well along. Thread and drone pics here: 

https://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/topic/11017-unity-park-new-160-acre-west-end-park/page/20/#comments

Harris Teeter is now open at Lewis Plaza which is this thread is for and at Northpointe. Northpointe thread and drone pics here: 

https://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/topic/117314-northpointe-mixed-use-development/page/9/#comments

Edited by gman430
  • Thanks 1