Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nathan_in_DC

Open Bar Location Suggestions

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys, looking for a place to host an open bar happy hour event and I'm looking for suggestions.

My first thought was the Corsair taproom, as I like the space a lot. Unfortunately, they wanted to charge us $4000 just for the privilege of being there, plus the cost of drinks, with only a small discount on per-drink prices. Kind of seems the opposite of what a business would really want...I mean, wouldn't you WANT to host something where you'll have 50+ people taking advantage of a paid open bar?  In my experience, businesses set a minimum bar tab, tend to give actual discounts, and leave it at that. Anyway, rant over.

Thanks for any suggestions!

I suggest The Sutler Saloon @ 2600 Franklin Pike. Check it out online but, if you have time in person. The vibe is very Nashville. 

On 2/26/2016 at 8:55 PM, Nathan_in_DC said:

Hey guys, looking for a place to host an open bar happy hour event and I'm looking for suggestions.

My first thought was the Corsair taproom, as I like the space a lot. Unfortunately, they wanted to charge us $4000 just for the privilege of being there, plus the cost of drinks, with only a small discount on per-drink prices. Kind of seems the opposite of what a business would really want...I mean, wouldn't you WANT to host something where you'll have 50+ people taking advantage of a paid open bar?  In my experience, businesses set a minimum bar tab, tend to give actual discounts, and leave it at that. Anyway, rant over.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Do you need exclusive use of the place? That is where a rental fee generally applies, because of the potential loss of other business. Some places will rope off a section for you with no rental fee. I agree that the Sutler is great, but they will definitely charge for exclusive use and if I recall, it is not cheap.

Don't know for sure, but I know of several events my firm has had at Sinema.