Scott's Addition Development

varunner

2 hours ago, wrldcoupe4 said:

This one is underway. Spy Rock is the developer. 

Copy.  Thanks for the clarification. :thumbsup:I was hoping this one was it.  Haven’t heard much about it since the announcement, so it’s good to see it underway...finally. This will bring a whole lot more density to that area - a very good thing!  Think we’ll get a tower crane out of it?

Edited by eandslee
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, rjp212 said:

The old hotel has finally been purchased. Plans include converting the building into 33,000 sf of street level retail and mostly 1 bedroom apartments in the other 5 floors, a 4 story parking deck and a 12-story residential tower.   Plans are to start construction in January. 

https://richmondbizsense.com/2018/12/03/salomonsky-white-buy-scotts-addition-hotel-property-8m/

Love that they will build a new 12-story tower in that part of town, which might be the neighborhood’s tallest (if I’m not mistaken).  Can’t wait to see a rendering. 

I also like the fact they they are looking to move the commercial component of this development close to the sidewalk to give it a more urban feel.  I like the sound of all this!  Construction will start soon too!

Edited by eandslee
  • Like 4

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...