Scott's Addition Development

varunner

57 minutes ago, rjp212 said:

The windows for the old hotel are starting to be replaced with a green glass.  I was driving by, so couldn’t grab a picture, but it’s not ugly nor is it beautiful.  Just eh. 

Any activity on the portion of the site planned for the 12 story tower or is it still be using used to park construction vehicles? 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rjp212 said:

Interestingly enough, 2902 N Arthur Ashe that has a rezoning petition out for TOD-1, is now being marketed by Thalhimer for industrial usage.  

https://www.thalhimer.com/sites/default/files/listings_files/2902NArthurAsheBlvd.pdf

Industrial use??  That’s strange considering the Richmond 300 master plan envisions other uses for that area...at least, that’s what I thought. :dontknow:

4 hours ago, rjp212 said:

Interestingly enough, 2902 N Arthur Ashe that has a rezoning petition out for TOD-1, is now being marketed by Thalhimer for industrial usage.  

https://www.thalhimer.com/sites/default/files/listings_files/2902NArthurAsheBlvd.pdf

Are we certain the posting is new?  I imagine they would want to try and fill it in the meantime.  Perhaps short term lease until they determine a use.

• Thanks 1

BizSense article from 2016 when the 1500 block of Belleville was acuired by Freeland John Properties who is listed as the applicant on this SUP discussed above. He gave a hint then that redevelopment was in the cards. 

https://richmondbizsense.com/2016/09/07/scotts-addition-buying-spree-continues/

“It gives us some options on the future in terms of ultimately expanding Surface Architectural Supply or alternatively lays the groundwork for some tasteful, high-end development,” Freeland said, adding he has commercial office space or apartments in mind. “It’s really an option on the future of what I think is going to be the heart of midtown Richmond.”

• Like 2

Coupe - as always, great photos!

Say - with all the changes coming so quickly now, I wonder if we should be keeping an archive of photos of the places where these projects are rising to document how they looked before - so we have a good comparison against how they look afterward? Maybe something that would help us really get a feel for how Richmond is growing - and, in a very real sense, undergoing a beautiful metamorphasis.

Just a thought.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Brent114 said:

I cannot believe the city has allowed a car wash on Arthur Ashe Blvd.  Why spend millions of dollars to develop  plans for the area if you’re never going to follow them?  

What a waste of a space.  What an eyesore.  What a waste of water.  Infuriating. 

Totally agree!  Doesn’t really fit with the renderings I saw in the Richmond 300 plan of Arthur Ashe Blvd!!  Equally as frustrated!

• Like 1