Scott's Addition Development

varunner

3 hours ago, whw53 said:

Yawn - Looks like BizSense found our Leigh Addition flyer. Come on give us something new!

https://richmondbizsense.com/2021/07/12/developer-plans-building-for-lacy-owned-property-on-arthur-ashe-blvd/

I know, right?  I was thinking about sending them a message to join our UP community here to help them with their articles.  :rolleyes:  LOL!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, I miss RVA said:

Did anyone catch this line in Bruce's comments?

"More is set to be announced soon along properties served by the Pulse line. Thousands of residences, for rent and sale, are in our future."

So there's more on the way?  And if anyone knows the score and has a finger on the pulse of what's happening in terms of RVA development, it's Bruce.

What do you think, guys?

I caught this line...was the first thing I saw in his comment.  I want to see the plans announced now!  He says these plans are all along the Pulse corridor too.  Could this mean more 12+ story residential towers are on the way along Broad?  Let's hope so!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, eandslee said:

I caught this line...was the first thing I saw in his comment.  I want to see the plans announced now!  He says these plans are all along the Pulse corridor too.  Could this mean more 12+ story residential towers are on the way along Broad?  Let's hope so!

I've a feeling we'll be hearing something in the near future. When Bruce says "soon" - I tend to believe him. Meaning - it really is not far off. If he's talking about "thousands" of residences - then that could, in fact, mean some taller/larger buildings along the Broad Street corridor. The question is, however, is he including projects either announced or already underway in his estimate of "thousands" of units?

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, whw53 said:

Per BizSense project snapshot article today....

'Next up for Bank Street is its Soda Flats project, a seven-story building with apartments and ground-floor retail at 2820 W. Broad St. in Scott’s Addition. Brown said construction on that building, which will rise next door to the Hofheimer Building, is set to start in August.'

Sent from my SM-A125U1 using Tapatalk

YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!  We've been waiting a LONNNNNNNNNNG time for this one! 

Can I get a big, ol' collective HALLELUYAH!!!!  from the RVA Amen-Corner Choir? I thought I could, boys and girls!! 

57861a53b321b84c01ade79c0ef16f40.gif

Edited by I miss RVA
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, whw53 said:

The 6 story apartment project at 1508-1512 Belleville St (noted on the development map as the 'Freeland\Thalhimer site' is requesting a SUP to waive some parking and conditional height requirements. In the applicant report another version of the rendering was provided.

1508Belle.JPG

I am actually liking this design.  Kind of screams '90s Northern/Central Europe.

• 2 weeks later...

Big purchase by an N.C.-based developer of the building that houses the Mactavish Flats apartments in Scott's Addition for $10.8 M - at 1300 Mactavish between Marshall & Clay. Note from the RTD photo & rendering, the property takes up about 3/4 of the entire city block square. The story does not indicate what may/may not be in the future.  From the Times-Dispatch:

https://richmond.com/business/n-c--based-developer-buys-scotts-addition-property-for-10-8-million-marking-the/article_ea8748cc-a757-5de8-b7c4-272774b27c82.html

611b275fae7b5.image.jpg

Edited by I miss RVA
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

And here's Richmond BizSense's report on the sale. Nothing all that new to add except stating unequivocally: 

"It’s unclear what Hem + Spire’s plans are for the MacTavish property. Its founding principal, Maxwell Joseph, wasn’t available for comment by press time Monday."

Interestingly, the only comment for this story so far was from a RBS reader calling for a 6- to- 12-story building on that property. I like his thinking!! We need more of that.

From Richmond BizSense:

https://richmondbizsense.com/2021/08/17/developer-buys-mixed-use-building-in-scotts-addition-for-10-8m/

• Like 3

Plan of Development filed last week for 1616 Summit Ave. This will be a repurposing of the existing commercial  structure and the addition of maybe 2 floors of  residential units above based on proposed numbers.

Mixed-use adaptive reuse structure with first floor commercial and upper floor residential

https://energov.richmondgov.com/EnerGov_Prod/selfservice#/plan/e8f3ab76-d0f0-4dbb-a3db-80804fb4c4de

1616Summit.JPG

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, I miss RVA said:

Is anyone with a available and/or in the neighborhood to snap a few pictures?

We got eyes on this one - 

Construction cam here under tab 3001 West Leight St (Scott's Collection 3)

https://www.capitalsquare1031.com/construction-camera/

Edited by whw53
  • Thanks 4

7 minutes ago, whw53 said:

We got eyes on this one - 

Construction cam here under tab 3001 West Leight St (Scott's Collection 3)

https://www.capitalsquare1031.com/construction-camera/

Fantastic!! Thank you, kind sir!

So how many cranes are currently up over Scott's at this time? (boom, baby or otherwise)