Scott's Addition Development

varunner

8 hours ago, whw53 said:

Dug up some renderings for the Capital Square\Lerner  trio of buildings to fill the Chasen tracts along Marshall. Here's the relevant BizSense article from earlier in the year

https://richmondbizsense.com/2021/04/27/nats-owners-team-with-local-developer-on-350-unit-project-in-scotts-addition/

chasen_site.jpg

chasen_cornerAltamontWMarshalll.jpg

chasen1.jpg

chasen3.jpg

it appears renderings are for Building 2 - Building 3 is partially visible to the right in top rendering. No renderings for Building 1 along Clay i think. Building 2's facade is broken along Marshall - massing gives the impression of 2 separate buildings. this will be largest piece. 

These are really significant contributors to the density of the neighborhood. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, whw53 said:

Do any of yal have an account here - been trying to track down what's going on with the Soda Flats project which was supposed to break ground in August - 

https://www.constructionjournal.com/projects/details/93baa1ecb55b4e1c9f2088b0e898a0c7.html

I almost signed up for that site for the same reason.  This project is frustrating me.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, whw53 said:

Do any of yal have an account here - been trying to track down what's going on with the Soda Flats project which was supposed to break ground in August - 

https://www.constructionjournal.com/projects/details/93baa1ecb55b4e1c9f2088b0e898a0c7.html

Is it possible to track any of the Manchester projects on here as well? I'd be curious to know if there's anything happening with River's Edge II -- or what the actual status of 512 Hull Street is.

• Like 1

I think it's really only a tool for master developer to post bids and the like, not so much a tracker. I did get a 7 day trial and poked around but really its just a lot of contact information. I did see that the 'line at Fulton yard' project (site B) has some bids out for construction to start January 2022. i don't see any other projects really but i'm still bouncing around it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, whw53 said:

I think it's really only a tool for master developer to post bids and the like, not so much a tracker. I did get a 7 day trial and poked around but really its just a lot of contact information. I did see that the 'line at Fulton yard' project (site B) has some bids out for construction to start January 2022. i don't see any other projects really but i'm still bouncing around it.

Okay - that makes sense.

I wonder what tools are in place that we could get a handle on what's going on with announced projects such as Soda Flats or the two in Manchester? And what is the deal with Soda Flats, if they were supposed to break ground 3 or 4 months ago?

2 hours ago, whw53 said:

Good to hear as that has been my other frustration, especially since I can see the lack of progress from my desk.

• Like 2

i hadn't seen this but here's the marketing\leasing website for the Scott's collection trio of projects - 'Ink', 'Viv', 'Gem' - if there was a fourth it'd have to be the 'Lol'. I wish the trend of over branding apt projects would fade some. I hope they don't have obnoxious signs like the Summit. I s'pose some people dig it though - they're the ones paying for it anyhow. All good - it's exciting. 

https://scottscollection.com/

Edited by whw53
  • Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to see renderings of these projects, hopefully we can get more development around the railroad tracks and 195, but Scott’s is already looking very nice from the highway. Multiple cranes visible and it seems like with all these projects, Scott’s will continue looking less and less like a suburban industrial site to a thriving urban neighborhood.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, blopp1234 said:

Glad to see renderings of these projects, hopefully we can get more development around the railroad tracks and 195, but Scott’s is already looking very nice from the highway. Multiple cranes visible and it seems like with all these projects, Scott’s will continue looking less and less like a suburban industrial site to a thriving urban neighborhood.

I wish my dad was alive to see the change. He'd love it! He worked in Scott's for about 45 years, give or take.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, whw53 said:

According to the the permit portal POD's for  both the Scott's Edge Phase 2 (Bonaventure) and the Mason Yards (Spy Rock) projects have been approved over the last couple weeks. Some site plan, renderings i've snipped from the engineering docs below. 

scottsEdge2_2.PNG

scottsEdge2.PNG

mason_yards3.PNG

mason_yards2.PNG

mason_yards1.png

I wonder when will construction start ?

19 hours ago, wrldcoupe4 said:

One of the Scott’s Collection buildings is just about done. 

11E90C07-11E2-4325-9913-90242FDA462F.jpeg

And what’s with the web of power lines in this photo?  Crazy - looks like it’s for a street car system, but that’s definitely not the case.  So ugly…need to bury them. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@Shakman100% agreed. That wall struck me as quite out of place/unbecoming, too. I get the need for street-side access to the podium/parking structure - but that kind of wall seems better placed toward an alley rather than street-facing.

@eandsleeStreetcars - if only!! I wish we could get something like that operational again. There are quite a few cities (Portland comes to mind) that have a fantastic street-car-like light-rail operation going.

Overhead wires: I wonder at what point in Scott's Addition's densification will Dominion be moved to bury those cables? When Scott's was strictly an old industrial/warehouse/shipping-oriented neighborhood, I'd hazard to guess there wasn't a ton of 24-7 demand for electricity. I have a feeling once Scott's densifies sufficiently, it'll only take one or two storms before Dominion starts seriously looking at burying the cables there to ward off having to deal with servicing largely-preventable residential power outages in Scott's. It may take some time, but that bridge will eventually be crossed once the residential population is sufficient there.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, I miss RVA said:

Spy Rock is keeping busy buying up property in Scott's and Greater Scott's.

From Richmond BizSense:

https://richmondbizsense.com/2022/01/04/spy-rock-closes-out-2021-with-17m-scotts-addition-acquisition-spree/

Yes and we got a ground breaking - second quarter 2022! Spy Rock, more than some entities, seems to be pretty good at breaking ground when they say they will. Hope to see this, and the 2 projects along Belleville all break ground first half of this year - plans approved for all 3, let's move.

Additionally - speaking of breaking ground... the development team behind the  Outlier project applied for a building permit at that site today - glad to see this one moving early in the year. Now to get the dirt turning at the Soda Flats site...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Woohooo!  Our second POD of the year dropped today - this one confirming and moving the 7 story Leigh(Ashe?) Addition project into the planning dept's court. 

https://energov.richmondgov.com/EnerGov_Prod/SelfService/richmondvaprod#/plan/f87839b6-0b93-4061-8a36-739ce4a96d23

Level 2 Development also has the project listed now on their page - http://www.level2development.com/arthur-ashe-blvd.html

BizSense 2021-7-21 - https://richmondbizsense.com/2021/07/12/developer-plans-building-for-lacy-owned-property-on-arthur-ashe-blvd/

10 days into 2022 and were seeing a POD filing every 5 days - let's hold this pace..

Edited by whw53
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1