Scott's Addition Development

varunner

Don't know if anyone else caught it or not, but in the article below it mentions that Salomonsky and David White's development in Scott's Addition called Scott's View (1400 Roseneath Road) will break ground in the next 2-3 weeks. This is the mid-rise project that went from 10 stories to about 6 stories IIRC.   Anyway, good to hear this one will move forward very soon:

https://richmondbizsense.com/2017/10/09/salomonsky-white-sell-downtown-complex-6m/

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

Yeah, these kind of height rises are rare!  Looks like one building will be 7 stories and the building next to I-195 will be 8 stories now.  Thank goodness for the new zoning, although I would have preferred the original 10 stories.  I’ll take what we can get.  Should be a quality project though. 

Edited by eandslee

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
17 hours ago, Brent114 said:

I think it will be nicer softened up (trees and other plantings). 

Overall I like the Symbol development.  It is kinda ugly (Rotterdam in the 80’s) but actually looks like a light industrial building which I think is a nice nod to the neighborhood.  

I really like it, though I was also thinking Rotterdam.  I imagine there are more accents coming.

Edited by Icetera

• 2 months later...

It seems like every day a new apartment building is announced (yesterday it was a mixed use building at the intersection of Forest Hill and Westover Hills Parkway...with a second location for Veil as a tenant!).   This is a good size for this area (there is a rendering of the proposed building in the article).  I really want the Broad and Boulevard intersection to become super packed in.  Looks like it won’t be long. 

https://richmondbizsense.com/2018/04/10/spy-rock-stanley-shield-drop-5m-interbake-site-boulevard/

Edited by Brent114
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Brent114 said:

It seems like every day a new apartment building is announced (yesterday it was a mixed use building at the intersection of Forest Hill and Westover Hills Parkway...with a second location for Veil as a tenant!).   This is a good size for this area (there is a rendering of the proposed building in the article).  I really want the Broad and Boulevard intersection to become super packed in.  Looks like it won’t be long. 

https://richmondbizsense.com/2018/04/10/spy-rock-stanley-shield-drop-5m-interbake-site-boulevard/

Just thought I'd post a rendering of the proposal here:

InterbakeRendering

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if you guys have seen this yet, but according to the ScottsAddition instagram, work is underway on a Scott’s Addition walkway connected all the way to the science museum! I love the “Like our own version of NYC’s high line.”B739D748-D180-4A0D-A608-8B6FB6EB9C3D.thumb.png.45b4774d8e0657531f07a8b52bbf0f92.png

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Ward Wood said:

Not sure if you guys have seen this yet, but according to the ScottsAddition instagram, work is underway on a Scott’s Addition walkway connected all the way to the science museum! I love the “Like our own version of NYC’s high line.”B739D748-D180-4A0D-A608-8B6FB6EB9C3D.thumb.png.45b4774d8e0657531f07a8b52bbf0f92.png

I really like this!  I hate that we didn’t know about it until now, but anytime a city can create cool walkable spaces like this it makes a place more attractive and livable. This is awesome!

Would love to see the overall plan and some more photos too!

• 1 month later...

We knew about this project right?  Maybe?  Unfortunately, it’s another Walter Parks design, but it looks good for density:

Summit Apts at 3022 W Broad St.

3022 W Broad St Richmond, VA

Breaks ground this Fall (October) and will include 166 mostly 1-bedroom apts, on-site parking, but maybe not enough for all units?

https://richmondbizsense.com/2018/06/07/6-story-mixed-use-building-eyed-scotts-addition/

Edit:  Added link to the Richmond BizSense article. 

Edited by eandslee
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, eandslee said:

We knew about this project right?  Maybe?  Unfortunately, it’s another Walter Parks design, but it looks good for density:

Summit Apts at 3022 W Broad St.

3022 W Broad St Richmond, VA

Breaks ground this Fall (October) and will include 166 mostly 1-bedroom apts, on-site parking, but not enough for all units. 

I like that the developer is the same as the City Center development on Marshall in Jackson Ward because they seem to have their crap together. I feel like they don't make announcements and then let things sit idly for months.  Realizing sometimes delays are unavoidable, I am optimistic about this.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...