Scott's Addition Development

varunner

1 hour ago, rjp212 said:

Construction fencing is up around the old used car lot at Hamilton/Broad.  Any idea what’s going there?

The more-or-less vacant block (yellow box) - yes? 

ALSO - (unrelated, but I noticed it on the satellite map) -- does anyone know if there will be any further construction at The Ella? There's still an undeveloped swath to the rear of the center block in the development (orange box) -- will any more residential units be built there?

Screenshot (977).png

18 hours ago, whw53 said:

"Commercial space less than 5000sf. Existing use: Former gas station, new auto garage. Proposed use: Renovate/build convenience store."

Oh, c'mon! I'll bet Thalhimer is behind this...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

https://richmondbizsense.com/2022/03/16/bow-tie-cinemas-property-off-arthur-ashe-blvd-to-be-sold-to-developer/

Bow Tie selling the undeveloped portion of its holdings on AA Blvd.  This is good news as it will hopefully lead to more density and vibrancy to greater SA.   Maybe Bow Tie can be convinced to sell its Monroe Ward holding to an ambitious developer that isn't vertically challenged.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Wahoo 07 said:

https://richmondbizsense.com/2022/03/16/bow-tie-cinemas-property-off-arthur-ashe-blvd-to-be-sold-to-developer/

Bow Tie selling the undeveloped portion of its holdings on AA Blvd.  This is good news as it will hopefully lead to more density and vibrancy to greater SA.   Maybe Bow Tie can be convinced to sell its Monroe Ward holding to an ambitious developer that isn't vertically challenged.

Agreed - hoping for a developer that isn't vertically challenged in terms of height of building AND depth of pockets!

• Like 3

The Dairy Bar property at Roseneath and & Moore has been snapped up by developers. Methinks it won't be too long before an announcement about a project for this block may grace our forums!

I have lots of fond memories of going to the Dairy Bar when I was a kid, hanging out in the summer at the printing company my dad managed. I used to wander around Scott's a lot back then - and I'd amble over to the Dairy Bar and bring back lunch for my dad, myself and several of the folks who worked for my dad. Lots of fun in those days!

Anyway - I'm eager to see what might end up being built here.

https://richmondbizsense.com/2022/03/17/developer-buys-dairy-bar-property-in-scotts-addition-for-7m/

Dairy-Bar.jpg

Screenshot (1005).png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wahoo 07 said:

The Monroe Ward property, when developed, floor count better start with a 2 and not a 1.

That would be really good to see. Mind you, given the climate in the construction industry with ridiculously high costs right now, I'd be happy at this point just to make sure the floor count is read in double-digits, and preferably with the word "teen" in the number (meaning, something more than 10, 11 or 12).

Edited by I miss RVA

• 3 weeks later...

The Otis has signed its second retail/commercial tenant - PlantHouse will relocate from 2100 W. Cary to Scott's Addition in November, opening up a much larger store than they currently have on Cary Street. They've done really banging business at the Cary Street location and the bigger store in the Otis will allow them to expand their offerings and programs. It's a real win for all parties involved.

Great article in today's RBS:

https://richmondbizsense.com/2022/04/08/plant-store-repotting-itself-from-fan-spot-to-new-scotts-addition-building/

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, rjp212 said:

There goes any chance for Richmond 300's plan for a Crescent park.  Good thing the city spent so much money on it. :tw_angry:

Frankly I was never a fan of it anyway.  As planned it was a very large park, and we have other parks in the area already. I don't see people using a park like that, there is a public park area there already at the Commanders practice facility and no one ever uses it at all.  Make the park smaller and give me more density.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, whw53 said:

5 story 375 unit apartment development will go in adjacent to Bow Tie. Rendering included!

https://richmondbizsense.com/2022/04/20/price-of-admission-to-buy-part-of-movieland-property-16m/#newsletter

The developer must have shaved a floor off the top - original rendering is for a six-story complex.

bowtie1-002.jpeg

• Like 1