Scott's Addition Development

varunner

Nice to see more in-migration of businesses: a breakfast-oriented restaurant with delivery is relocating to Scott's Addition from Regency Square. It was forced out when the mall closed for redevelopment. Owner Curtiss Stancil is also looking to open locations in both the far west and far east suburbs - Short Pump and near the airport. Really cool though that he's opening shop in Scott's. A big win for the neighborhood!

https://richmondbizsense.com/2022/09/02/delivery-focused-breakfast-restaurant-moves-from-regency-to-scotts-addition/

Edited by I miss RVA
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, 123fakestreet said:

Here's a bunch from several projects 

20220916_122547.jpg

20220916_122626.jpg

20220916_123022.jpg

20220916_123240.jpg

20220916_123446.jpg

20220916_123843.jpg

20220916_124221.jpg

20220916_124356.jpg

Thanks SO much for taking and posting these, @123fakestreet! It's SO heartening that we are developing an amazing, play-by-play chronicle of RVA's changes in real time as they are happening. Guys - all of you who are doing this yeoman's work are truly taking up the mantle of Edith Shelton, who documented RVA's changes for more than three decades a couple of generations ago. I honestly can't emphasize enough just how important this really is. Humble and grateful thanks to everyone who is taking the time to photograph and post these images of Richmond's growth and change! :tw_thumbsup:

Edited by I miss RVA
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, I miss RVA said:

Nice!! These are the ones already popping up out of the ground over on Belleville, yes?

i don't think this project has turned any dirt yet. The Belleville location we've seen pics of on here is a block or 2 over - the 'Freeland\Thalhimer' site on the dev map. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, whw53 said:

Architect's page for the upcoming Scott's Edge 2 project - 

https://www.rbapc.com/projects/scotts-edge-ii

I am wondering if that is outdated as I was just looking at the project spec sheet from August and it now lists a 2-story concrete podium with two 5-story wood-frame structures on top.

https://www.constructionjournal.com/projects/details/3d4c23e9cf144057955270665d69bff8.html

As of August 17th this project is in the value engineering phase. Scott's Edge Apartment Phase II project in Richmond, VA. The project consists of a 115,330sf 2 story concrete podium as well as a 94,451sf (5) story Type 3B building and a 132,085sf Type 3B building. In summary, two 5 story wood frame towers built over a 2 story concrete podium.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, whw53 said:

i don't think this project has turned any dirt yet. The Belleville location we've seen pics of on here is a block or 2 over - the 'Freeland\Thalhimer' site on the dev map. 

Ahhh - gotcha!  Thanks, @whw53:tw_thumbsup:  I tend to mix up/blend together the "edge" developments way up there along the far western and northern part of Scott's for some reason.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, 123fakestreet said:

https://richmondbizsense.com/2022/10/07/longtime-hardees-on-arthur-ashe-blvd-closes/

Hardees on AA closing.  That thing is an eyesore with an oversized parking lot, hopefully something nice goes in. Next we can get rid of the CVS.

As the CVS parcel increases in value, hopefully it can be redeveloped into an urban CVS (ground floor retail with lots of floors stacked on top of it).  Having a readily accessible drug store is a good selling point for a neighborhood.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Wahoo 07 said:

As the CVS parcel increases in value, hopefully it can be redeveloped into an urban CVS (ground floor retail with lots of floors stacked on top of it).  Having a readily accessible drug store is a good selling point for a neighborhood.

Yep, that was my exact thought. No problem with CVS, just needs to be an urban one, bring the building up to the corner get rid of the surface lot and put a parking deck in back by the alley.

• Like 4

Honestly,  not a single business at AA/Broad is highest and best use anymore.   CVS, Subway, Aldi and Chanello's could all easily be at the base of a building.   If we must keep a gas station, I'm sure only one is necessary (especially as we move to EVs), but even they could be reconfigured into a more urban layout.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rjp212 said:

If we must keep a gas station, I'm sure only one is necessary

Better to either keep both or lose both.  Whenever you have a gas station without competition in immediate sight, they tend to have higher prices.  There are a enough by the I-64/95 ramps.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, rjp212 said:

Honestly,  not a single business at AA/Broad is highest and best use anymore.   CVS, Subway, Aldi and Chanello's could all easily be at the base of a building.   If we must keep a gas station, I'm sure only one is necessary (especially as we move to EVs), but even they could be reconfigured into a more urban layout.

Agree. Unfortunately I don't think 3 of those are changing anytime soon just due to inertia. But that crappy little Subway and Chanellos? Honestly boggling that site hasn't been redeveloped years ago.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Brent114 said:

I haven’t paid enough attention. to the project to know what it is called (or what it will be) but a crane is being erected in SA today.  It’s at the development on the far western side, along the railroad tracks.  It’s a yellow tower crane.  

If anyone is in the neighborhood and, once the crane is up, wouldn't mind ... image.jpeg.34560e94cc2aaad55bd15455d51d84f3.jpeg

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Brent114 said:

I haven’t paid enough attention. to the project to know what it is called (or what it will be) but a crane is being erected in SA today.  It’s at the development on the far western side, along the railroad tracks.  It’s a yellow tower crane.  

Must be Belleville Apartments.

• Like 2

Crane looks to be for the Thalhimer site maybe called the Belleville Apts. I also noticed demo equipment at the Bonaventure site last week - work is getting started there so may see a second crane pop up along here by early next year.

• Like 4

On 10/13/2022 at 5:45 PM, wrldcoupe4 said:

Wow it’s super visible on 195. It’s pretty cool with the mobile crane on the west side at monument and Hamilton as well!

Agreed! Drove through yesterday and thought the same. Also noticed precast going up on the opposite side of 195 as well recently. Any idea what project that may be?